“Amarillo is a suprising place! Great food!”
Review of Blue Sky

Blue Sky
Ranked #7 of 532 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I can not believe how good this place was! As a matter of fact, I am surprised that out of the 3 places in Amarillo I have eaten, they have all been wonderful! thanks Tripadvisor...:) The other two were the "real" Donut Stop on Bell and Tyler's Barbque, which is where we were heading until I noticed this place.
I dug the ambiance, the food, the service, the ease of getting on and off the freeway and the prices...all were outstanding!
We both ordered burgers and mine was really exceptional. The bun was toasted, the cheese was cooked! and melted, the meat was cooked perfect, the fries were freshly cut and the onion rings were crisp. And the bacon was cooked perfect as well, not burned but not limp and the burger had 4 slices! Delicious.
What made it even better was the guy at the table next to us noticed that I was using hot sauce and he offered me some of their green chili that he had ordered. Well, seeing that we were in Texas and Lord knows I do not want to offended anyone,I took it, thanked him and lathered my burger with it! It made a great burger even better! Loved it!
Seriously, I dig this place, I will absolutely return.
My wife even liked it!
I would get the Fried Hatch Chili peppers next time...:)
The beer looked ice cold and I dig a cold beer and a good burger. Too bad I was driving, had to say no.
Arrive early, the line at 12:10 had 20 people in it, it got very busy!

1  Thank michael m

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is the greasiest burger I have ever eaten… My bun was complete mush… The actual Patty was tasty however it was comical how it looked on my plate. My husband's bun was a complete wet soggy mush too! Wondering if we just got burgers on an off day compared to the reviews.

1  Thank Dana N
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It goes without saying that Blue Sky has a superb burger. We had a couple of issues this trip though. 1. They didn't put our request for crispy/well done fries on the ticket like they usually do for us so we got OK fries that were very greasy. 2. The burgers were made UPSIDE DOWN. I went up to the counter to ask about that and there were three orders made the same way. That's NOT right folks. A burger needs the lettuce and tomato on TOP not on the bottom. I asked the counter person if the "assembler" of the burger had worked for Subway or something. OR they were mad and trying to prove a point ? This needs to be fixed folks or their business will suffer. I'm certain of that. Thanks !

1  Thank FrenchFry99
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and we were very pleased! The burgers were delicious. We had fries and onion rings -- both excellent! And the milkshakes were amazing! My youngest daughter loves sweet tea and she is on a mission as we travel cross country to find what city/state has the best sweet tea. We are happy to report that the sweet tea at the Blue Sky is in the top two so far. The only negative I have to report is the staff. The lady who took our order was not pleasant and bordered on rude. She hardly answered our questions. When my husband asked how large the order of the fries/onion rings were so we could determine how many we needed for our family, she replied she didn't know. And that was that. It's a shame to have so much going for a restaurant, only to have the staff be rude to the customers. I will probably not be back through Amarillo for a long time but I write this so maybe the management can address these issues. If it were my business, I would want to know. Thanks for a great lunch!

1  Thank Shirley W
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've eaten burgers all over Amarillo, and the burgers here are decent, but not as good as some of the others. The meat is a little skimpy, and the fries can be a little soggy. The best thing they serve are the onion rings, they're always good. If you want a great burger, try BYOB Burger, Buns over Texas, or Green Chile Willy's.

Been to Blue Sky? Share your experiences!