“What happened to this place???”
Review of Hooters

Hooters
Ranked #334 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
texas
“What happened to this place???”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I just had a chance to drop by and grab some food here at hooters. The place is not that busy. I waited for about 10 minutes to be seated. I then walked back to place my own order. I then got my order of wings. It was wrong but I was in a hurry. I finished quickly. And then I had to track down my waitress to pay my bill.

What the hell??

The food was bad. The place was boring. The staff was disinterested (a few of the cooks and girls were on their smartphones).

As I asked... What the hell happened to this place??

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank shark4rk

San Diego, California
“the food was good”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited this restaurant with some friends of mine and I was very disappointed by the service. The waitress hardly listed to what was ordered and didn’t seem to care if we were happy with the preparation. The waitresses were only interested in hanging out with each other. Hooters is all about atmosphere and this particular restaurant failed that in my opinion. However on the third attempt of getting what we ordered the food was pretty good and made the trip worthwhile.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank VPBrad
Madison, Wisconsin
“Eat somewhere else!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at hooters restaurants all across the country and this is hands down, the worst one I've ever been to
..period. Upon arrival you're greeted by potholes in the parking lot the size of sinkholes. (See pics) There's a number of them to avoid and it looks like the surface of the moon. After you Park you'll notice a number of signs warning of the possibility or probability of your car being broken into while you're dining. We went inside to order food and immediately notice that the floor is so greasy that it makes standing difficult. When I mentioned the floor to a server she said matter of factly, "yeah, we slip and fall all the time." We were surprised with the rundown conditions of this location that the wings we got were pretty tasty. We were hungry and tired from a long day of travel. There is a Famous Daves nearby. I'd choose that over a return to this Hooters.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank gadgetguy63
Canyon, Texas
“SKANKY WAITRESSES ... GROSS!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

When you enter the front door, the smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke is over whelming!
Thinking that maybe we could sit outside, we decided to give it a try. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
We got a table and the "waitresses" were so into hitting on the table next to us, trying to get a date or something, that the service was beyond poor!!!
One beer down and 45 minutes of waiting for the return of the "waitress"and we left just enough cash on the table to cover the
beer and walked out!!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank PhilsJenny
Amarillo, Texas
“Awful service...food is so-so, when you finally get it all”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Went here the other day with my wife. We waited about 10 minutes before we finally asked one of the waitresses to find out who was going to get our table. Our actual waitress came over and took our order. We ordered the sampler appetizer, which was pretty decent. We also ordered a 10 boneless wings and fries. About 15 minutes later, one of the girls brought the wings and said the fries would be right out. They never came!

Our waitress along with many of the other girls were over by the bar all hanging around talking to each other. One or two would break away, but the other 10 or so just stood there talking. I finally went over to the group and asked her to check on our order. She had no idea what was going on. She finally went to go get the fries and brought them over.

The service was just pathetic. We weren't the only table that had to get up and go over to the group of waitresses to get some service.

• Visited July 2013