“Go Eating, Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Plainfield, Illinois
“Go Eating, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had 2 Asian salads and the 3 sliders. One salad was for our late evening dinner so it was take out. We enjoyed the first salad and sliders but as we found out that evening while 200 miles away, they did not pack any salad dressing...what a disappointment. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant.

• Visited November 2013

Amarillo, Texas
“Worst service imaginable. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

If I could give it a zero I would. About a week and a half ago I ordered to pickup curbside. I asked for a crispy chicken oriental salad on the two for twenty. I asked for extra salad dressing and for it to be on the side. I also asked for Ranch dressing for the cheese sticks. I admit I should have un-sacked everything and open each styro container but I did not. I got home and their was no dressing at all. That makes this salad! I called and got Savannah (sp?) the girl who served us. I explained the situation and she told me a manager would call. Day goes by no call. So I called again and again got Savannah; he was unavailable so I left a message to have Chad or Chas call me. Again no call that day. The next day he called before I got home from work. I called him back and got him. I explained what happened and he apologized. He said he would comp us another two for twenty. He said normally they would send out a coupon but that didn't work well so he would write the issue down and post it at the managers boxes. That way all the managers would know about it. So, this week my wife is home sick and I decided to pickup food on the way home from work. I asked my wife to call and place the order. She did. I went to the curbside to pick it up and waited 10 minutes. Finally someone came out and yelled from a two car distance "are you here to pickup an order? " I said yes the order was under "my name". He left and did not come back. After a total of 30 minutes a waitress came out and asked what I was waiting on. She left and came back and said they would not honor the offer. I told her what I have just posted. She said she would go speak to her manager because she thought they should comp the meal. After a few minutes the shift manager came out and told me she had nothing from Chad and that she would not honor the offer. I told her to call Chad. She would not. I explained everything again she said no. I would have to come back when Chad was working. I told her she just lost a customer. She just turned and walked away. And so that is why I'm telling everyone on Yelp. Applebee's sucks and I won't be back!

Amarillo, Texas
“Good food at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The staff is always very friendly, depending on who you get they may or may not be a bit slow. The food is consistently good. This is not an upscale specialty restaurant, but it does deliver tasty original dishes. The atmosphere is fun, the decorations are a different story everywhere you look. The displays for local school and Pro sports teams are a plus.

• Visited October 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Renovated look, better food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I tried the 4 cheese mac & cheese with honey pepper chicken tenders and it was DELICIOUS! My two friends with me had the same thing and they both agreed it was the best meal they'd ever had at Applebee's. It was served hot and we all commented that we would soon be back to have it again. The new decor is really nice, I'm glad for the new plight fixtures so I won't be bumping me head into them.

• Visited October 2013
“Standard fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

We go here when we can't think of anyplace else food. Food is pretty consistent, just not a place we "have to" go.

Visited January 2013