“Not a place you ever want to stay!!”

Luxury Inn and Suites
Ranked #61 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Lubbock
“Not a place you ever want to stay!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We found this place on Motel.com, I can't believe Motel.com would feature a nasty, bug infested, stinky place like this. It was nothing like its pictures or features in advertises. We needed the microwave and refridgerator that it said it had in the rooms. We were looking forward to swimming in their "indooor pool", it may as well been outside. The roof was about to fall in, big cracks that stuff was falling into the pool. My granddaughter who was heart broken because we would not let her get into the nasty pool, thought the big black spot of something was an "allegator". The hot tub had what looked and smelt like human feces around the edges, and was water was yellow. When I went and ask for extra blankets the man was rude and it took him forever to get them, Had to get blankets to lay on the sheets due to them being so nasty, stained with yellow and brown spots. The carpet was gross, we had to wear shoes until we laid down. The walls had not been painted in years. The bathroon was gross had to clean the toilet and tub before we used them, could not us tub, no stopper, and water was cold. The door when closed had about on inch crack, you could literally see out the crack. There was no relaxation for us on this trip and we did not have the funds to go to a different hotel or believe me we would not have stayed. The breakfast they say they have well, that is a lie. Nasty Nasty Nasty!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 December 2010

LYING PIECES OF SHI*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all this place is disgusting and infested with bedbugs and other bugs, DO NOT COME HERE! There is a Motel 6 just down the street newly refurbished with nice wooden floors and very clean, go to the Motel 6 instead. I came here around 5 AM and the guy working the front desk told me he would pro rate our room but he had to run it by his manager at 7 when he got there. I asked him several times if this was gonna back fire in the end cause I could have just waited 1 hour in my car to get a room for the whole day at the Motel 6. I wake up in the morning and go to the front office and this lying sack pretty much made me pay the whole way. Do not do business with these scumbags.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank timyi86

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Man I wish we would have had these reviews at our fingertips prior to checking in to this hotel - however we were traveling during the wee hours of the night and just needed a place to sleep - THIS IS NOT THE PLACE. Because of this experience I vow to check ALL future rooms prior to checking in . . . new philosophy "Check it out prior to Checking in!" We are a military family (3 kids + 2 dogs) and are frequently on the go, this night was no exception . . .
We checked into this "Luxury" hotel (whatever!) between midnight and 1 am. The booming noise from the club downstairs should have clued us in but @ midnight we just anted a bed. Long gross story summed up - We entered the room and were pleasantly suprised that the room didn't reak of smoke (which is typical for travelers with pets . . . uggh!), but upon further inspection quickly realized we had been dooped . . . At first glance we noticed thegaping hole with exposed wire from where the fire alam/ smoke detector had been ripped out of the wall, all areas of the bathroom (toilet lid, tub, any ledges, and outter sink counter) were covered with smoke burns, the "luxury jetted" tub looked more like a sewage pit that had been drained and the remaining residue was extremely suspicious, the grout was black with mold and mildew, the paint through out the room was peeling, walls were stained with God knows what. My son actually pulled down the comforter to revel even more suspicious red stains. The main door did not bolt lock and was secured by only the slide key lock.
The combination of the lack of sanitation, safety, and security led us to believe the "suspicious" red stains in the bed could have been left over from a crime scene and we opted to leave and check in next door at the Super 8.
Upon checking out - we were offered no apologies or optional accomodations (not that we would have accepted) - and was informed that only a manager would be able to refund our money - There was no manager that evening. We returned the next morning to confront the manager but unfortunately he did not report to duty until noon. Upon arriving back in our home state and the safety of our refreshingly clean and secure home, we phoned the hotel and finally spoke with the manager who promptly infomed us that we did not take all steps to rectify the situation and he would not refund our money until her could verify our "story" with the night attendant. I was furious and called him back to try to understand how the attendants "story" related to the unsafe and discusting room - he was not helpful or friendly and told me I had the right to contact whom ever I wanted (Isn't this a fire code violation?) - he did refer me to the bottom of our reciept that states "No Refunds" and how they are not responsible for what happens (injury, theft, etc) on their property. I encouraged him to please at a minimum replace the fire alarm for the safety of any future guests - he continued to tell me how he had to verify the attendants "story" I hung up. Please for your safety DO NOT STAY HERE.
(I wish I could post the pictures but not sure if it infringes on any third party rights)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My daughter and I were traveling together and stopped in Amarillo. Unfortunately, we had booked a room at the "Luxury Inn and Suites." I walked into the room and immediately felt sick to my stomach. It smelled of beer and dog urine. I walked around the room and saw tons of beer cans that had not been cleaned up, the bedspread was disgusting and looked like it had never been washed and the bathroom looked very dirty. I decided I could not stay there and called the front desk. The lady DID NOT act surprised when I told her the room was dirty and smelled like beer and dog urine and only asked me if we had used the bed. I would NEVER stay here again and would advise everyone to stay away!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
central texas
Reviewed 25 August 2009

i stay there 2 nights made reservations without ever checking it out first. the bed was broke ,no clean linens they said they ran out. no clean towels again on second day, had to buy my own,it was not clean i ask for none smoking but the room smell real nasty of smoke,and to top it off , right now my body is compleletly covered with bed bugs bites, im fixing to go to the doctor. worst place ever.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ant1CentralTexas
honolulu
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stay in hotels 6 months out of the year. This hotel is the worst I've ever seem. Rooms haven't been renovated in many years. I was moved to three times. 1st room was smokey even though this was a nonsmoking room. 2nd the air conditioner was broken and the 3rd smeeled like vomit. I cleaned the room myself with bleach and sprayed Oust. This only provided temporary relief. Trust me you will wish you had went anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 April 2009

I heard that Luxury Inn was newly remodeled and they had good rates so I checked in. Extremely tired, I went straight to bed. It was the worst mattress I've ever laid on, so bad I called the front desk and asked for a refund and I've never done that before. The clerk said she would have to make sure the room wasn't used first and came to check it. She checked the restroom, there was a peice of paper in the trash, which she flushed down the toilet, then she started to make the bed up... after I had laid in it! She got behind the bed and pulled the bedspread up, brace yourself, a nasty-looking over-sized stretched-out black thong flipped up onto the bed!! It came from beside or under the bed and was not mine! EW!!! I could not believe it. She asked if they were mine to which I firmly let her know they were not! Then she stuffed them in her pocket and told me to meet her at the lobby for a refund as she continued to make the bed. Don't stay there, ew ew ew!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo