“Don't book it unless you take a good look first.”

Luxury Inn and Suites
Ranked #63 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My daughter (23) and I (her Dad 48) were on a road trip from Mississippi to home in Colorado. My daughter booked this motel through travelocity thinking it was a safe bet, boy, were we in for a surprise. From the minute I stepped in the lobby to check in, I was nervous. The place was obviously old and worn and had changed hands a few times. But we already booked it online as I've said so we proceeded to the room. I should have gotten the hint when the clerk informed us to "park where the security cameras can see your car"
This hotel should not have been recommended by anyone except perhaps by an employee of a certain oldest profession . The paint was worn away in many places. There were holes in the wall and ceiling of the bathroom. The door to the bathroom had been damaged and not fixed. There were cigarette burns on the bathroom sink. One lone generic bar of soap was the extent of the amenities near the sink. One towel and one washcloth were available to all. A closer look at the bed linens revealed worn sheets with small holes in them. I didn't think foam rubber pillows could wear out but apparently they can. The TV was old and didn't get much in. There was dirt on the floor probably from other people who ran out before sleeping there.My daughter was already on the phone to Travelocity trying to get a refund. She paid $50+ when she booked this. I've been stuck in a few snowstorms in the middle of nowhere'sville and had to stay in less than desirable motels, so I'm no prude, but I wouldn't stay in a place like this for more than $25.
The hotel clerk was "unable" to refund us the money that evening without the "approval" from her "manager". She also "claimed" that we stayed in the room for over an hour which was not true. We stayed there for no more than 15 minutes. Out of desperation we ended up going next door to the Super8 which was pretty decent considering what we had seen. I was told the next morning in a conversation with the Super8 clerk that fights often broke out at the Luxury Inn and Suites and spilled over to the grounds of the Super8 prompting many a call to the local sheriff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hd4dave

Reviewed 13 April 2011

We found this place on Motel.com, I can't believe Motel.com would feature a nasty, bug infested, stinky place like this. It was nothing like its pictures or features in advertises. We needed the microwave and refridgerator that it said it had in the rooms. We were looking forward to swimming in their "indooor pool", it may as well been outside. The roof was about to fall in, big cracks that stuff was falling into the pool. My granddaughter who was heart broken because we would not let her get into the nasty pool, thought the big black spot of something was an "allegator". The hot tub had what looked and smelt like human feces around the edges, and was water was yellow. When I went and ask for extra blankets the man was rude and it took him forever to get them, Had to get blankets to lay on the sheets due to them being so nasty, stained with yellow and brown spots. The carpet was gross, we had to wear shoes until we laid down. The walls had not been painted in years. The bathroon was gross had to clean the toilet and tub before we used them, could not us tub, no stopper, and water was cold. The door when closed had about on inch crack, you could literally see out the crack. There was no relaxation for us on this trip and we did not have the funds to go to a different hotel or believe me we would not have stayed. The breakfast they say they have well, that is a lie. Nasty Nasty Nasty!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2010

LYING PIECES OF SHI*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all this place is disgusting and infested with bedbugs and other bugs, DO NOT COME HERE! There is a Motel 6 just down the street newly refurbished with nice wooden floors and very clean, go to the Motel 6 instead. I came here around 5 AM and the guy working the front desk told me he would pro rate our room but he had to run it by his manager at 7 when he got there. I asked him several times if this was gonna back fire in the end cause I could have just waited 1 hour in my car to get a room for the whole day at the Motel 6. I wake up in the morning and go to the front office and this lying sack pretty much made me pay the whole way. Do not do business with these scumbags.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank timyi86
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Man I wish we would have had these reviews at our fingertips prior to checking in to this hotel - however we were traveling during the wee hours of the night and just needed a place to sleep - THIS IS NOT THE PLACE. Because of this experience I vow to check ALL future rooms prior to checking in . . . new philosophy "Check it out prior to Checking in!" We are a military family (3 kids + 2 dogs) and are frequently on the go, this night was no exception . . .
We checked into this "Luxury" hotel (whatever!) between midnight and 1 am. The booming noise from the club downstairs should have clued us in but @ midnight we just anted a bed. Long gross story summed up - We entered the room and were pleasantly suprised that the room didn't reak of smoke (which is typical for travelers with pets . . . uggh!), but upon further inspection quickly realized we had been dooped . . . At first glance we noticed thegaping hole with exposed wire from where the fire alam/ smoke detector had been ripped out of the wall, all areas of the bathroom (toilet lid, tub, any ledges, and outter sink counter) were covered with smoke burns, the "luxury jetted" tub looked more like a sewage pit that had been drained and the remaining residue was extremely suspicious, the grout was black with mold and mildew, the paint through out the room was peeling, walls were stained with God knows what. My son actually pulled down the comforter to revel even more suspicious red stains. The main door did not bolt lock and was secured by only the slide key lock.
The combination of the lack of sanitation, safety, and security led us to believe the "suspicious" red stains in the bed could have been left over from a crime scene and we opted to leave and check in next door at the Super 8.
Upon checking out - we were offered no apologies or optional accomodations (not that we would have accepted) - and was informed that only a manager would be able to refund our money - There was no manager that evening. We returned the next morning to confront the manager but unfortunately he did not report to duty until noon. Upon arriving back in our home state and the safety of our refreshingly clean and secure home, we phoned the hotel and finally spoke with the manager who promptly infomed us that we did not take all steps to rectify the situation and he would not refund our money until her could verify our "story" with the night attendant. I was furious and called him back to try to understand how the attendants "story" related to the unsafe and discusting room - he was not helpful or friendly and told me I had the right to contact whom ever I wanted (Isn't this a fire code violation?) - he did refer me to the bottom of our reciept that states "No Refunds" and how they are not responsible for what happens (injury, theft, etc) on their property. I encouraged him to please at a minimum replace the fire alarm for the safety of any future guests - he continued to tell me how he had to verify the attendants "story" I hung up. Please for your safety DO NOT STAY HERE.
(I wish I could post the pictures but not sure if it infringes on any third party rights)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My daughter and I were traveling together and stopped in Amarillo. Unfortunately, we had booked a room at the "Luxury Inn and Suites." I walked into the room and immediately felt sick to my stomach. It smelled of beer and dog urine. I walked around the room and saw tons of beer cans that had not been cleaned up, the bedspread was disgusting and looked like it had never been washed and the bathroom looked very dirty. I decided I could not stay there and called the front desk. The lady DID NOT act surprised when I told her the room was dirty and smelled like beer and dog urine and only asked me if we had used the bed. I would NEVER stay here again and would advise everyone to stay away!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2009

i stay there 2 nights made reservations without ever checking it out first. the bed was broke ,no clean linens they said they ran out. no clean towels again on second day, had to buy my own,it was not clean i ask for none smoking but the room smell real nasty of smoke,and to top it off , right now my body is compleletly covered with bed bugs bites, im fixing to go to the doctor. worst place ever.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ant1CentralTexas
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stay in hotels 6 months out of the year. This hotel is the worst I've ever seem. Rooms haven't been renovated in many years. I was moved to three times. 1st room was smokey even though this was a nonsmoking room. 2nd the air conditioner was broken and the 3rd smeeled like vomit. I cleaned the room myself with bleach and sprayed Oust. This only provided temporary relief. Trust me you will wish you had went anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo