“BEWARE of the phone # listed on Trip Advisor”

Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 16 July 2011

the phone number goes to Hotels.com which has their own rules and does not accept AAA - the check in staff said I should have called them directly and they would have given me a better rate - the hotel room was very nice, comfortable and clean and there was a complimentary nicely done breakfast - just frustrated about the phone # - the guy should have explained they have different conditions and rules and that he was from Hotels.com - the front desk staff said they did not know why that was the number listed... we would stay here again since it is hard to find a comfortable and reasonable place to stay in Amarillo

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room was a nonsmoking room, but had a weird musty smell. The bathroom was tiny and had a hole in the wall surrounding the electrical outlet. The mattresses were uncomfortable and I woke up several times thinking something was crawling on me (maybe I was concerned about bed bugs)! Also, the air conditioner worked, but the room never got cool enough and we were hot while trying to sleep! I prefer my room to be cool when sleeping. Overall, this was the worst Hampton we have ever stayed at! My family prefers Hampton Inn, but not this one!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Banshee330
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Well, this was the first disappointment so far, and hopefully one of few for us over the next nine weeks. We are not hard to please, but this hotel is just not up to Hampton Inn standards, in my opinion. Room was very small...the smallest we have stayed at since as well. It was clean, but still felt dirty for some reason. Let me be clear that it was NOT dirty...just had a cramped, messy feel to it in our room. The location in Amarillo was also not optimal, and there were nicer looking hotels (from the outside only as we obviously did not stay at those hotels and cannot judge their rooms) in this same price range out towards their mall area. Hampton Inn's tend to be my favorite hotel brand over the years, but we would most likely not stay at this hotel again, and would choose a different brand in Amarillo.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 9WeekFamilyVacation
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This was the first time I ever booked a hotel stay online, but I guess even if I'd called in the reservation there would have been no way to know what to expect. After I paid for the room, we drove around the back and found the rear entrance with a sign that read "Stairs." I didn't really think much of it, and I saw the outdoor pool and thought, hmm, that's interesting. All the other Hampton Inns we'd stayed at in the past had indoor pools. Oh well. Then we went in with our luggage and couldn't find the elevator, and of course we then realized there wasn't one.

As we went towards our room, I saw a woman with several large dogs leading them to a room on our floor. Hmm. Then I heard a high pitched yapping coming from another room (I hate yapping dogs). The place had paper thin walls. We went into our room, and I could still hear them. In the evening, my young son couldn't sleep. The people in the pool below our window were whooping and hollering and having a grand old time at 10:30 pm. I called the front desk to complain about the noise, and the desk clerk said he was getting ready to close the pool. Twenty minutes later, my hubby called to complain about the noise and was told the same thing. Ten minutes later, my hubby went downstairs to talk to the front desk, and was told he was on his way to close the pool. We let our son sleep in our bed since he just couldn't sleep. We could hear doors slamming at night and people talking and laughing really loud (did I mention the walls are paper thin???).

If you're the type that stays at a hotel to sleep, this is NOT the hotel for you. BTW, we paid something like $14 in TAXES for our room in Amarillo--much higher than the hotel tax in California!! We probably won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The room was satisfactory. Nothing spectacular. Important to know they have double, not queen, beds. It's what you would expect from an older Hampton. Good breakfast and there is a Denny's, Wendy's and Arby's next door (walking distance). A little difficult to get to from I-40 West.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RXgirlMO
Reviewed 5 April 2011

- not typical Hampton standards - aged property, small rooms, outdated furnishings, NO ELEVATOR, pets allowed (yucch), TV cuts in and out, no refrig., fitness center OFF SITE
- BUT our room was very clean
- when you get a rate that's too low to be true, now you know why
- checked out early

Please go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TFopinion
Reviewed 28 February 2011

It was blowing rain when we arrived. No elevator, so we & luggage arrived 'wet' to our room. They should be required to advertise that there is NO ELEVATOR and only stairs are available. The stair treads were slippery, we are in our late 60's & I have a lower lumbar injury, so could not carry anything up the stairs that could throw off my balance & make me fall on the wet stairs. My precious husband had to make two trips to get our things to our room. Once inside, we could smell the odor of uncleanliness. I opened the a/c & found the filter to be dirty, so I sprayed it with Lysol. The carpets were dirty & our white socks soon became dirty from walking on them. There was mildew in the corners of the bathroom & you could tell that the bathroom floor had not been scrubbed real good for some time. Since there were so many obvious signs of uncleanliness, we didn't even want to entertain the idea of how long it may have been since the bedspreads, drapes & furniture had been cleaned & sanitized. Such a disappointment...I believe this particular hotel is not under the Hampton Inn direction or standards, but is either owned or managed by an individual that does not list cleanliness as a priority in their life. But cleanliness is the TOP priority to me, and I will not EVER be staying here again...I don't pay or sleep in filth. My health is important to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple