“N.O. No!”

Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“N.O. No!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Oh my word! Days Inn? Fine. Comfort Inn? Sure. A Hampton Inn? No way!!! There are certain things you expect in a Hampton Inn. This hotel has none of those things. I have to believe that this was once another lower quality chain of hotel and that somebody bought the Hampton Inn name. That said, even the sign was faded so it's been a Hampton Inn for a while.

It's in desperate need of an upgrade, new management, spacier rooms, and something to take away the smell of smoke in the hallways and the smell of B.O. in the rooms.

This was such a disappointment. If you're expecting a Hampton Inn, DO NOT make reservations here!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Riverside, California
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Positive: No pet fee! Dog poo everywhere outside. No elevator. Room was okay. Bathroom was nice. Disappointed for the price. No frige. Free wi-fi. Breakfast was awesome. Close to great restaurants. Right off of 40, so great when traveling.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2011

the phone number goes to Hotels.com which has their own rules and does not accept AAA - the check in staff said I should have called them directly and they would have given me a better rate - the hotel room was very nice, comfortable and clean and there was a complimentary nicely done breakfast - just frustrated about the phone # - the guy should have explained they have different conditions and rules and that he was from Hotels.com - the front desk staff said they did not know why that was the number listed... we would stay here again since it is hard to find a comfortable and reasonable place to stay in Amarillo

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room was a nonsmoking room, but had a weird musty smell. The bathroom was tiny and had a hole in the wall surrounding the electrical outlet. The mattresses were uncomfortable and I woke up several times thinking something was crawling on me (maybe I was concerned about bed bugs)! Also, the air conditioner worked, but the room never got cool enough and we were hot while trying to sleep! I prefer my room to be cool when sleeping. Overall, this was the worst Hampton we have ever stayed at! My family prefers Hampton Inn, but not this one!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Banshee330
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Well, this was the first disappointment so far, and hopefully one of few for us over the next nine weeks. We are not hard to please, but this hotel is just not up to Hampton Inn standards, in my opinion. Room was very small...the smallest we have stayed at since as well. It was clean, but still felt dirty for some reason. Let me be clear that it was NOT dirty...just had a cramped, messy feel to it in our room. The location in Amarillo was also not optimal, and there were nicer looking hotels (from the outside only as we obviously did not stay at those hotels and cannot judge their rooms) in this same price range out towards their mall area. Hampton Inn's tend to be my favorite hotel brand over the years, but we would most likely not stay at this hotel again, and would choose a different brand in Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 9WeekFamilyVacation
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This was the first time I ever booked a hotel stay online, but I guess even if I'd called in the reservation there would have been no way to know what to expect. After I paid for the room, we drove around the back and found the rear entrance with a sign that read "Stairs." I didn't really think much of it, and I saw the outdoor pool and thought, hmm, that's interesting. All the other Hampton Inns we'd stayed at in the past had indoor pools. Oh well. Then we went in with our luggage and couldn't find the elevator, and of course we then realized there wasn't one.

As we went towards our room, I saw a woman with several large dogs leading them to a room on our floor. Hmm. Then I heard a high pitched yapping coming from another room (I hate yapping dogs). The place had paper thin walls. We went into our room, and I could still hear them. In the evening, my young son couldn't sleep. The people in the pool below our window were whooping and hollering and having a grand old time at 10:30 pm. I called the front desk to complain about the noise, and the desk clerk said he was getting ready to close the pool. Twenty minutes later, my hubby called to complain about the noise and was told the same thing. Ten minutes later, my hubby went downstairs to talk to the front desk, and was told he was on his way to close the pool. We let our son sleep in our bed since he just couldn't sleep. We could hear doors slamming at night and people talking and laughing really loud (did I mention the walls are paper thin???).

If you're the type that stays at a hotel to sleep, this is NOT the hotel for you. BTW, we paid something like $14 in TAXES for our room in Amarillo--much higher than the hotel tax in California!! We probably won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The room was satisfactory. Nothing spectacular. Important to know they have double, not queen, beds. It's what you would expect from an older Hampton. Good breakfast and there is a Denny's, Wendy's and Arby's next door (walking distance). A little difficult to get to from I-40 West.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends