“CHAOS”

Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I reserved a room for Saturday night. Upon checking in desk clerk Justin checked me in to occupied rooms twice. Then tried to check me into a dirty room. By this time I was quite annoyed. Then he tried to blame his mistake on housekeeping. Pretty sure housekeeping was not responsible for checking me into occupied rooms. Does the computer not tell you when a room is occupied or dirty? How could he have miss that. After wasting an hour of my time and not getting a room I drove down the road to holiday inn. This gentleman needs to be retrained or fired. I then gave him my number and have his boss to call me and still have not received a call from the manager. Don't waste your time at this place. It's a CHAOS CIRCUS. I normally don't write reviews but I couldn't resist. This was ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2014
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Baymont Inn & Suites in East Amarillo. We are very sorry about the inconveniences you experienced while trying to get checked in. We have spoken to our Front Desk staff about playing the "blame game" and that it will not be tolerated. Again we do apologize for the experiences you had to deal with. Unfortunately, management did not receive your phone number nor did we hear about this issue. We are more than willing to talk to you at anytime to try and resolve this problem and come up with a solution for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I stayed here while passing through from Dallas to Colorado Springs. We have to young boys 2 and 4 so a long drive is tough for them. Seeing how we were only stopping to sleep though that it would not be to bad. Check in was easy i used Hotels.com to book. The hotel was just rather old need some updating and a good cleaning. The manager was nice but appeared to not have any help we asked to go to the pool but it was locked and took him 30 min to get there due to helping people check in. The bathroom was dirty with hair in the tub and shower walls. The kids slept on the pull out sofa bed. Luckily they are small because the section of the bed that connected to the frame with springs was broke so only half the bed worked. Apparently the red roof inn next door has extended stay with people living there. There were people sitting outside in lawn chairs and a guy working on his motorcycle in the parking lot next door all in front of the pool. For the price I would have much rather spent $15 more and stayed on the West side of town where everything is much nicer. No elevator was a bad idea due to us having some much stuff even though we only stayed one night we were on a 12 day trip.

Room Tip: Stay on the West side of town if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Baymont East on your recent stay in Amarillo. I am truly sorry that there were errors in your stay. Housekeeping and maintenance are hard at work to correct these problems so that they do not occur again. We appreciate your feedback because it helps us to improve.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just no elevator....Did have a hard time finding this Hotel even with the GPS....Its not the Hotel but the city...and the way its designed...I'd stay here again...but would ask for a down stairs floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Baymont Inn & Suites in East Amarillo. We are sorry that you had difficulty finding our property but are very glad that our service and amenities were up to your standards. We hope to see you again during your travels!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Alicia R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was dirty. Bathrooms aweful. Breakfast much to be desirered. I call with plenty of notice for connecting rooms because we were traveling as a family. And still the rooms were just nasty. When we told the front desk it seemed no big deal and they made no excuses. We stayed because Triple A recommended them because they were pet friendly well I'm sorry I made my family and dog stay there. Please rethink this hotel Triple A we stayed because you said it was a pet friendly family place. Its dirty and makes it look like you're not checking these places out. Thought triple A had higher standards.

Dianne Nowlin

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the Baymont Inn & Suites in East Amarillo. We are truly sorry to hear that our property disappointed you. We are currently trying to make improvements and better our hotel. Triple A is very important to our business and we have addressed the issues from cleanliness to our front staff to correct this problem. We hope you'll come see us again if you're passing through Amarillo.