La Quinta Inn Amarillo East Airport Area
Agoda.com
US$87
US$84
Agoda.com
All reviewsan older hotelwafflesbed was very comfortablefree breakfastlanitapetsarizona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This property was not of the caliber of your typical La Quinta Inn and Suites. It was old and tired, even though it appears that an attempt was made to give the rooms a facelift, it was very disappointing. The property appeared to have been an old (Motel with a number) location converted to La Quinta. The small and tight breakfast area was very poorly laid out which made it very difficult to move through the buffet. People got trapped in a corner and could not get out due to tables and chairs cutting off the flow of movement. Will not stay at this La Quinta again.

2  Thank 56Clemente
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great Hotel Quality beds. It was a great night sleep, Pool area was loud and guests were drinking so they were getting pretty rowdy. That is not a knock on the hotel itself just management not enforcing the rules. The rooms were clean and the beds were nice we had a good night sleep

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel
I would NOT recommend this hotel. We just needed a place to sleep on the way back to the DFW area of Texas after a trip to Colorado. My husband gets a discount at La Quinta. We stayed at a wonderful La Quinta on the way to Colorado in Trinidad.

This place in Amarillo was the opposite of wonderful. Positives let me think...hard. Well we were able to park right outside our room (not sure if outside doors are a positive or not...ok maybe not). The beds were not uncomfortable. The water was nice and hot. The paint looked newish. I am sensitive to smells and I didn't smell anything foul even with the A/C running. I think that is about it.

Now for the negative. You can hear interstate traffic and everyone in the parking lot all night. The wifi didn't really work. I had full bars but it wouldn't work with Netflix and was very, very, very, slow and we were near the office. The rooms while somewhat updated but are just not very nice. I like the all white linens but a hotel like this that is not going to pay attention to detail should just skip them. One bed looked clean. The other one the fitted sheet was on inside out, the mattress pad had slipped off at the top corners, the sheets and the bedcover had a lot of black specs on them. I don't know what they were but they were not just black lint. Think the size of pepper...yucky. Praying we don't get bugs. The specks were not moving and my family was tired so I had to listen to my unconcerned husband and brush them off the best I could and move on as much as I wanted to run away. The carpet was VERY stained in many places (this place needs hardwood floors if no one is going to clean the carpet). The edges of the carpet and baseboards were very dirty as was the area behind the bed and night stand. The bathroom potty and sink looked clean but the floors were not very clean and the corners and baseboards were just yucky. There were some hairs around the bathroom in places. The bottom of the shower had those built in nonstick spots and they were not clean. The trash can had no liner. The mirror must have been damaged because a shinny tape had been applied at the bottom and it looked terrible and was peeling. The tv was nice but only got the very basic channels so nothing for kids. The area of town is sketchy in my opinion. I didn't feel 100% safe and would not have gone outside without my husband. I was even a little worried about our car being out there. This place does not have the feel of other La Quintas I have stayed in, in the past. This place feels like an old, cheep, roadside motel. I would never come back here. The staff was ok but not very friendly. Breakfast was the typical but not well executed and the area could have been cleaner and updated. Yes, the rate was good but I will just pay a bit more and get a better room next time. Not impressed...disappointed!
Yucky!

To be fair my husband was fine with the room. So I guess if you are a guy and just need an inexpensive room for the night this might work. With a wife and kids...skip it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Texcraw
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The lobby, room, and bathroom were nice, and clean. The outside of the hotel needs some serious updating My biggest issue... If you are confirmed in a specific type of room, THAT is what you should get when you arrive. UGH!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta