“Older property, but very Dog-Friendly”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #51 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Calgary, Canada
“Older property, but very Dog-Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I booked the hotel online and got a very attractive price, with no extra charges for my golden retriever traveling with me. Located on the west side of Amarillo, it is still very convenient to the interstate, with lots of dinner choices nearby. While it is an older property, the staff at the front desk was still very friendly and welcoming, and gave me a ground floor room with two queen beds. This is where even an older property can get it right, as the mattresses and bedding were very nice and extremely comfortable, and it made for a very nice evening of sound sleep. A solid choice for the budget conscious traveler!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
decatur,Tx.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This La Quinta is located on Coulter St in Amarillo TX and is very dated but quiet. Staff were professional and friendly. This is a pet friendly hotel and for being pet friendly was very clean. My issues were the wet towels laying by the column in a pile outside my room but no one had been in the pool. There was piles of garbage bags every where.This was a Sunday and garbage removal was the next day but to pile them up around a trash can near the pool and in front of a room was unsightly to say the least. The room was clean and comfortable but the breakfast was terrible. Hire a person for this instead of having the front desk employee doing it. Offer more than cold cereal and waffles. Make REAL coffee instead of whatever it was you served.Some pastries,fruit,yogurt,etc. maybe something hot in the winter would be nice. Overall it's a good pet friendly hotel located next to a Waffle House that I suggest you eat at for breakfast.

Room Tip: I suggest the back side away from the road and higher up if near the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bennyjenks
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night during a Route 66 road trip. We arrived at around 12.45 despite check in being at 15.00 we thought we would see if we could check in earlier. The lady at the desk said that they didn't have any rooms ready as they had been full the day before and said that they could have a room ready within 45 minutes and gave us some directions to get something to eat. She also took an interest in where we had come from and asked us about our trip. When we came back after something to eat the same lady recognised us and had a room ready for us on the ground floor, she explained where we could park and how to connect to the free wifi and explained where and when breakfast was. Our room was small but clean and nicely decorated, the room had a tv, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and fridge. The breakfast in the morning had eggs, bagels, toast, jam, cream cheese, muffins and pastries with juice and coffee. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leeleec78
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I drove from LA to Atlanta and needed a bed to crash mid-point. This hotel is located right off of the freeway, so that was a plus for me. However, when I arrived, the front entrance was roped off with tape due to wet paint.

Check-in was a breeze. But when I found out the access to the room doors were all outside, I was a little bothered. I have never stayed at a hotel where I could just drive up to my room door.

Even though the carpet was multiple colors, I could still see all of the stains on the carpet. It was really unflattering.

In the bathroom, the clear section of the shower curtain had hard water stains and the tub had a noticeable ring around it. The tile flooring had filthy grout and the baseboards were in need of a good scrubbing.

The ceilings were pop corned and the walls were textured. Gag!

The room was sufficient enough for a place to sleep over night, however, if I was in need of a room for more than a night, I wouldn't have stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great service and value! Price was very reasonable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location was central so we were able to easily find dinner and entertainment options. We have two large breed dogs and the staff were extremely helpful in finding us a room that allowed easy access to exit points. We highly recommend!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family