“Great Service”

La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Panhandle, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was greeted by a lady named Lanita. She was all but hugging me, she was so welcoming. We got to our room and wow the room was just beautiful not to mention how clean it was. I was so impressed. The beds were so comfortable I looked at the brand so that when I get my new mattress it can be this one. I had many high raves about this room the hotel and the staff.. being one of the nicest folks in the world must be required to work there. While having breakfast the maintenance guy was there and he was also very friendly. I will be staying here the next time I get to visit my son.. and every time I get to visit my son. Beautiful Place. Beautiful friendly people. Price is just right and they welcome my puppy <3 Friends for life!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was by far one of the most dirty rooms and hotels I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was terrible, hair all over the floor and tub. The door to the bathroom was so dirty, it actually had stuff running down the door as if someone had vomited on it.. I frequently stay at La Quinta due to the pet friendly policy but never again in Amarillo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Thomaston, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Checked in to this hotel in the middle of the night during a cross-country trip. Had second thoughts immediately due to the sketchy-looking neighborhood and the fact that the hotel looks completely run down on the outside. I was creeped out, but we needed a place to stay with our dog. Booked the room and carried our luggage, dog, and my pregnant self up to the second floor flight of stairs. Keys didn't work. Hiked back to the front of the building for new keys. Walked all the way back to the far end of the building.. keys STILL didn't work. I wanted to leave, but it was 2am and my husband just suggested getting another room, which we did.. on the 3rd floor way away from the elevator. Keys worked! Bathroom was so dirty.. obvious gray dirt on the floor, hair in the shower, and brown-colored stains all down the walls and inside the tub. Water in the shower fluctuated from cold to hold throughout my shower. I will NEVER stay here again.. I don't even want to visit this town again after tonight.

Room Tip: Try the other La Quinta near the airport.. we meant to go to that one but turned off the wrong exit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When I first got to my room, I had to use my body to lean on the door to open it. The bathroom was absolutley filthy! The walls had obvious dirt on them, light bulbs were missing from lamps, the bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned in months. I won't be staying in a la quinta again.

• Stayed February 2014
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thanks for your comments about your recent experience at our La Quinta Inn Amarillo - Medical Center. We apologize you had several cleanliness issues during your stay. This is not the type of experience we want our guests to have when staying at La Quinta and we'll be addressing your concerns with our Housekeeping team so we can work to improve our operation. We appreciate you taking your time to write your feedback to us, and know we'll be using your comments as training tools.
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here on the way to Dallas, TX last week. I selected this because this hotel chain does not charge pet fees, but everyone has to sign a pet agreement. I request an easy access from my car to the room since I had the pet. The front desk clerk gave me a far away second floor room. Once I realized that I went back to the front desk, and asked for a room change. At my request, she changed my room to first floor room where I could park my car close to my room. Thanks for that change. The breakfast here is very simple so I just had coffee. Most Inns provide very basic breakfast so I do not bother eating at these places.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business