“excellent”

Reviewed 17 March 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
Dickson
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Can't ask much more for the price of the room. Only thing is, people with dogs need to clean up after them. I clean up after my dog and expect others to do the same. This is in no way the hotels fault. They have doggie bags and a trash can in the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was greeted by a lady named Lanita. She was all but hugging me, she was so welcoming. We got to our room and wow the room was just beautiful not to mention how clean it was. I was so impressed. The beds were so comfortable I looked at the brand so that when I get my new mattress it can be this one. I had many high raves about this room the hotel and the staff.. being one of the nicest folks in the world must be required to work there. While having breakfast the maintenance guy was there and he was also very friendly. I will be staying here the next time I get to visit my son.. and every time I get to visit my son. Beautiful Place. Beautiful friendly people. Price is just right and they welcome my puppy <3 Friends for life!

A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was by far one of the most dirty rooms and hotels I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was terrible, hair all over the floor and tub. The door to the bathroom was so dirty, it actually had stuff running down the door as if someone had vomited on it.. I frequently stay at La Quinta due to the pet friendly policy but never again in Amarillo.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Checked in to this hotel in the middle of the night during a cross-country trip. Had second thoughts immediately due to the sketchy-looking neighborhood and the fact that the hotel looks completely run down on the outside. I was creeped out, but we needed a place to stay with our dog. Booked the room and carried our luggage, dog, and my pregnant self up to the second floor flight of stairs. Keys didn't work. Hiked back to the front of the building for new keys. Walked all the way back to the far end of the building.. keys STILL didn't work. I wanted to leave, but it was 2am and my husband just suggested getting another room, which we did.. on the 3rd floor way away from the elevator. Keys worked! Bathroom was so dirty.. obvious gray dirt on the floor, hair in the shower, and brown-colored stains all down the walls and inside the tub. Water in the shower fluctuated from cold to hold throughout my shower. I will NEVER stay here again.. I don't even want to visit this town again after tonight.

Room Tip: Try the other La Quinta near the airport.. we meant to go to that one but turned off the wrong exit...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When I first got to my room, I had to use my body to lean on the door to open it. The bathroom was absolutley filthy! The walls had obvious dirt on them, light bulbs were missing from lamps, the bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned in months. I won't be staying in a la quinta again.

• Stayed: February 2014
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks for your comments about your recent experience at our La Quinta Inn Amarillo - Medical Center. We apologize you had several cleanliness issues during your stay. This is not the type of experience we want our guests to have when staying at La Quinta and we'll be addressing your concerns with our Housekeeping team so we can work to improve our operation. We appreciate you taking your time to write your feedback to us, and know we'll be using your comments as training tools.