“*POOP* smeared on the walls...”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #56 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
NB, TX
“*POOP* smeared on the walls...”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Not a great place to stay at all! BE WARNED!! Stayed there because it was so late and we were so tired. Next morning we noticed that there were "POOP" smears on the wall and as if someone had urinated on the couch! Disgusting! We went to the front desk and asked for our money back. They refused and we called the police. Even the police officer said that he wouldn't stay in a room like that! So, he made them give us our money back! Yay! Happy ending to this horrible motel stay story.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celeste G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I initially checked in for one night and then extended to three. Friendly staff, clean room, good TV and microwave. Close to US 40 but not noisy.

Over the years I have spent many days in hotels on business ranging from three to five star and this was best value. No fitness center or restaurant so not relevant (rather than terrible).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank JJSBHall
Hobbs
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The bad reviews scared me but I gave it a shot anyway. The motel is in process of being completely remodeled. The room I got was clean and decent for the price. it is a budget motel but the basics were provided and it was clean and functional. My room had a fridge in it too. The sheets and towels were clean. The fixtures, floor and walls were clean. No holes in walls. No gaps at the door. So it looks to me like the problems mentioned in the previous reviews have been addressed and fixed. I stayed in June 2012.

Room Tip: 3-story motel, elevator available
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank nofussnomuss12
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Everything about this hotel is bad. Dirty? Check. Couples using the adjacent room for "hourly" purposes? Check. Having the opportunity to live in fear that your car will be broken into? Check.

It's bad. Spend an extra $40 and go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cclemens31

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I'd been driving for almost 12 hours and it was getting late when I decided to stop for the night. My experience was much better than that of those with the worst reviews, but this Motel6 is not the best one in this chain that I've stayed in.

Check in was smooth and the clerk was cordial. The room was clean but surprisingly different from the rooms in other Motel6's where I've stayed. There was no carpet on the floor, which consisted of wood-veneer flooring; the chair in the room was upholstered in some sort of synthetic, plastic-like material (not fabric); even the bedspread had some kind of plastic-feeling material rather than being fluffy and cushy. My first thought was that maybe the room had been treated for bedbugs and the bedbug-attracting materials removed, but I couldn't find any sign of bedbugs in the mattress creases, where they can be evident. The room and bath were clean, and it was late--so I stayed without considering leaving. I wonder if the stripped-down features of the room might be a first step in revamping these room; this is the first modern budget motel I've seen with wood-veneer flooring and no carpet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank vcv
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I had driven 600 miles and just wanted a clean bed to sleep a few hours before going on. This was a very bad choice, non-smoking room reeked of smoke and dirty feet, the floor was dirty, the sheets were dirty, the sidewalks were nasty and sticky. I tried to sleep with my clothes and shoes on but so much noise there was no way. Cars would pull in, let someone out, leave then come back in 30 minutes. I gave up after an hour, drove West a block to a Walmart and stayed in the parking lot there, much less noise, felt safer there also. this was Motel 6 on South side of I-40.

Room Tip: Please don't get a room here
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I decided to stay here cause we stay here back in early 2000 maybe 2004 or 5, well beside the point, this is not a new loction first of all, and it was alot more friendlier then. the rooms were clean and the free wifi worked just fine. But when we drove in the parking lot we were like what? what happened here. it was creepy and scary. we ask for a non smoking room and as soon as we got to the room there were people smoking right outside the room, our neighbors. I looked at my wife and without a word she knew exactly what I said in my mind, but with our budget we decided just to stay and give it a try. Anyway beside the approach, like I said the rooms were good or fair to say the least, the beds well, hmm. WARNING DO NOT JUMP ON TO THE BEDS, YOU COULD BAKE ANY PARTS OF YOUR BONE. They should have a sign posted. Now to continue the shower made noise like in phsyco, wait to get stabbed, and the toilet flushed once and then you had to wait for about 15 min. to flush again, now that was weird. The first night was ok but the next night wow, before I tell ya'll about it, we went to the pool and it smelled like sewer and looked really run down, Also there were kids diving when it was posted no diving in other words no one was there to tell them to stop before one got hurt which one of them did get hurt. and there was some creepy guy who kept staring at my 13 yr old daughter and was not swimming and not sure he was staying there either, so I looked at him jestered, if he had a problem then he left. Perv. Now for that night, thats where it got scary. There was some nuts that check in and all they did is get drunk and very very very loud, til like 5 am, and there were no security or no one called the cops and the front dont answer the phone to save you. I looked to see who was out there and there were to many people there. I wasnt about to put my family or myself in danger to ask to keep it down, and i mean they were DRUNK! I finally got some sleep as everyone else. We woke up at 945am got ready and zoom zoom out there. I told my family never again are we gonna settle for a phsyco type motel. Oh yeah, we found out the drunk people were from the some town we were from, just knew two of them by face and rep only. All in all to say yes go stay there on the west, NOT!!! Dont even think about it well maybe during the weekday, well idk. As for me and my family we are sticking with Marriot Hotels. Motel 6 for the price, is what you get.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family