“Has potential”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amarillo
Amarillo East Travelodge
Ranked #45 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Has potential”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

. This is no longer the Travelodge, is called Amarillo Value Inn and is owned by an Indian couple who may be the only two people working at this somewhat large motel! Check-in last night was quick and easy, although $46 and not $29 like the sign said, maybe because I have my two daughters with? I guess only nice hotels let kids stay for free? Rooms are huge, bathrooms huge with full bathtub/shower including sliding glass door which i prefer to a curtain. microwavw and fridge in room both appear to work, although handle of fridge sticky. Bed was comfy, though blankets were old/itchy kind, so we kickef those off and slept under the sheets. He put us at thr opposite end of the motel as everyone else, which made me feel a little nervous/isolated, but woke up this morning and we are all still alive! Good for truckers, maybe a little creepy for a single person or, like me, single parent with kids on a tight.budget, only because its not very full. If they had some money to remodel and a full staff, this place could be great!!!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We tried three different rooms before we ultimately asked for a refund and went elsewhere. Room #1 was in a detached section of their property and we were the only ones that were staying there. We didnt feel safe and when we pulled back the sheets to look at the mattress, there were some kind of funky black stains...on to room #2. The room smelled musty and when we turned on the A/C, it reeked of cigarette smoke...on to room #3. I didn't bother to get my family out of the car for this one, I just stuck my head in the room to take a quick look around....back to the front office to get a refund while hoping and praying that I didn't get anything funky on me that a hot shower woundn't remove.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PatPerry
utah
Reviewed 31 December 2008

bed was made with a flat sheet atop a thin mattress pad, it moved during the night and I tried hard to not sleep on top of the mattress. bathroom was clean, towels were dingy, no tissues, no ice bucket liner, only one plastic cup, filthy chair, filthy carpet, walls were peeling.

absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. should have gone next door to motel 8.

check in staff were flat and not friendly

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank panseymom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2005

Since we prefer Travelodges because of their larger rooms, I had called 800 # earlier in the day. I was quoted $63 for the web rate for a room there. Didn't want to pay that, so took a chance and we drove on to Amarillo w/o reservations. Drove past the motel and there was a huge $35 for all rooms lit up on sign. Whipped in and got a room. The very nice lady at desk and I laughed about it. It was an older motel and the carpet was pretty spotted. You enter through a hall but the rooms all have patios with sliding doors which was nice. Seemed like a rough area though. There was an incident in the parking lot: cops, man & woman being frisked, car towed away. But the clincher was the bullet hole through the front window of our building. I tried to convince the kids that it was a rock hole. After seeing it, it bothered me that the doors to the hall were not locked as the signs on them stated they would be. In spite of it all, we said our prayers and had a wonderful night's sleep.

4 Thank iamtravelinpam