“A Favorite spot!”

Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Aurora, Missouri
“A Favorite spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stay here when traveling through the area, and it has never disappointed us! The rooms are like mini-suites, always clean, with newer linens and bedding. The facility and grounds are well-maintained.The hot breakfast and large eating area is great, and the pool always inviting. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will continue to make this hotel our "Amarillo home"!

Room Tip: This isn't a 'room tip', but there is an awesome walking path behind the hotel that can...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carmen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Was pleasantly surprised and they send you off with a hot breakfast as well. Restaurants within reasonable commuting distance. Room was very nice and reasonable priced. Only concern was that my GPS could not get me there.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was our first time staying at a Quality Inn and we were very pleased with our room. The entire hotel property was clean and the staff gave excellent customer service! The rooms were large and expansive with everything you need for a comfortable, safe stay. We are going back on our return trip and plan to stay there again. This hotel is very, very recomended. I would not believe the bad reviews you read on Tripadvisor as they have a problem wherever they go!

GNM-SA

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the office if you need a little more security, however all rooms are secure a...
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

First off, upon arrival with reservation, I was told I had no reservation. Fortunately I had confirmation on my phone. Was told for some reason I had been marked as a "no-show" even though I had arrived before 4:00 p.m. with reservation! They got us in a room which was o.k. not what I'd call good. Our friends traveling with us requested a change in room because their furniture was so stained and dirty. Non-smoking rooms smelled smokey.

Breakfast was o.k.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K W

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Cabot, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here for over a month and have no complaints. The staff was courteous and nice. The manager even worked with me on the furniture. It was quiet and I would stay here again. The pool was clean and a great place for my 5 year old to have fun with the other kids. Nice big rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite for longer stays.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Austin, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived late at night (room guaranteed by CC) and collapsed into our room and beds, after a 10+ hour drive. We realized that the room smelled of smoke. I called the front desk advised them of this. They offered to come and spray our room. I explained that we were already in bed and just wanted to make them aware of this situation. I didn't want to wake my kids, etc. In the morning we saw 2 very disconcerting things in the room. 1) the smoke detector in the ceiling had been disconnected and was just hanging up there. 2) there was a LARGE sign on the writing desk that told us the room had been cleaned, maintained and deodorized for non-smoking and that it was ready for non-smokers like us. This was very disconcerting. What if there had been a fire?
Another issue...not sure how it can be addressed...In the morning, we went outside to the breakfast room, then back to our room and then moved our luggage out to the car for another day of travel...Everywhere we walked outside, the air was filled with the smell of dog feces. It permeated the air. It was all around the pool. Everywhere I walked, I kept looking down at my feet to make sure I hadn't stepped in anything. I made my family check their shoes carefully to make sure they weren't bringing it into the car. There wasn't any to be found on their shoes but the smell was so strong that I couldn't trust that our shoes were clean. As I said, I don't know where it was coming from but it really detracted from our stay.

To be fair, the rest of our stay was good to very good. The breakfast, check-in/out, clean room, enough towels, etc. were fine. ut the things mentioned above are what earned this hotel a lower makr.

Room Tip: Double check your non-smoking room if that matters to you like it matters for us.
1 Thank NYBUD
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The bathroom was stinky dirty. Toilet was obviously not scrubbed. It had disgusting chunks and crusties in it. The shower curtain was extremely funky and sour smelling, and the bottom third of it was covered with mold and mildew. The room itself was underwhelming. The desk staff was confused or disingenuous, hard to tell which. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed June 2013