“Pleasantly surprised...”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Andrews
Sherman, TX
“Pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been visiting Andrews for many years as I have family that live there. This is a new-ish hotel in Andrews, which was very much needed. This town is experiencing a boom right now, and the few options for staying overnight seem to book quickly, so book in advance.

The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was firm, but comfortable to me. I am very picky about pillows, but I LOVE the pillows at Holiday Inn Express! The staff were all very friendly, and check in was quick. This hotel seemed to be fairly busy when we were there, but there was never any noise in the hallways that I could hear.

Breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express - very good assortment of pastries, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes. Although, they did seem to be having a good bit of trouble with the pancake maker while I was there. Might want to work on that.

No complaints from me about this place. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in town!

Room Tip: I was glad to have asked for a room away from the elevator. I never heard it at all!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel is great because it is comfy and clean. The staff is nice and the breakfast is great. I was in the hotel for travel and the Stripes next door was very nice for those late night work sessions. I haven't had a bad experience here, but the showers were hit or miss on the item.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hello ChristopherG642,

Your review will be shared with the entire hotel staff. They'll be pleased to know that you found your accomodations comfortable and clean! We appreciate the opportunities you have given us to serve you and look forward to seeing you again.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Andrews
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A little oasis in a barren land. Not much to see in this oil land but holiday inn express is a great stopover. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We were lucky to get one with a balcony and it was wonderful sitting outside watching the sunset over the pool. Not any special or different with this hotel, except for the amazing staff of service professionals. From the front desk hostess to the housekeeping staff. Left an iPhone in bed , had to return hours later to find right at the desk! Helpful and gracious . If you have to stop in Andrews stay at the holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Marcia C.,

Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in providing each of our guests with excellent service, comfort and quality. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our efforts and we hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Andrews area.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Andrews
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Booked this in advance for business. Booked multiple rooms for my crew, paid in advance. Contractor cut our trip short, owner agreed to credit the rooms for our return three weeks later. Also, we would have to return at a later date to finish project. Owner did not honor our agreement and now will not return phone calls. Would give zero stars.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Clint M
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Clint M,

We appreciate your review and would like to speak with you directly. Please contact me at (432) 524-4800. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Elly Salazar
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX.
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was supposed to stay at this hotel this past week. Found a better deal at the Hampton Inn in midland. Tried to cancel the day of, and they refused, which is completely ridiculous. Then a girl specifically told me it would be 164 $ to cancel all four rooms for the night. She never said 164 per room, she also told a coworker the same thing. Now she ran my credit card 4 times for 185 dollars. They are refusing to refund my money due to poor communication on their part. I will NEVER book with this hotel, and the bad part is, I cannot even get a manager to call me and speak with me. All information is relayed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rbyrd25
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Rbyrd25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the customer service you received at our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of our staff.

Per the hotel's cancellation policy, which is shared with all guests via reservation confirmation e-mails, guests can cancel their reservation by 6pm the day before arrival. Otherwise, guests will be charged for one night per reservation. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation policy, I would be glad to discuss it over the phone. You can reach me at (432) 524-4800. Just as for the General Manager.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Andrews, TX is in the middle of the West Texas oil boom. Rooms at nicer locations are hard to come by. There is not much to choose from in this location, but fortunately Holiday Inn has this relatively new location. Stayed here Monday, January 21 for a meeting in town the next day. The location is on South Main Street at one end of town. The hotel was clean as was the suite I stayed in. The suite was very large. It was twice the size of a normal room. Along with a work station (free wi-fi), there was a table and four chairs, a pull-out sofa, coffee table, wet bar, and lots of cabinet storage for extended stays. The suite also had a very large balcony with table and chairs overlooking the outdoor pool for those warm West TX summer months. A micowave, fridge and large screen Samsung TV with cable were also availble in the suite. The bathroom was also very clean and featured a large, walkin shower with a rain-shower type shower head. The only issue i had with this bathroom was the lack of a sink plunger to close the sink when cleaning my contacts.
The private business center office was located on the first floor near check in. There is a door for quiet privacy. Nice computer/printer for anything you need to print, fax, check e-mail, etc. The wi-fi in the rooms worked well. The king-size bed was comfortable.
The large "common" room was just off the entry/check-in. It too was very comfortable with large sofas and dining tables for the morning breakfast. There is also a large screen TV for the morning news. The breakfast included everything from cheese omelets, bacon, biscuit gravy to pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc... It was surprisingly good for this type of fare. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Also along the main hall is the small workout room with nice, professional equipment and the usual flatpanel TV. This room was in use several times during my stay.
Generally, for the the cost-conscious traveler this was a good place to stay in an area where there are limited options. But book ahead because there is so much 'oil bidness' taking place in this area that rooms can be tough to find. Cudos to this owner for keeping the prices reasonable for the average traveler.

Room Tip: Because this hotel fronts on the main highway, a room to the back may be quieter for a light sleeper...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Mark T.,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that the hotel's offerings met your needs. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the hotel staff. They do their best to guarantee that each guest has a positive experience and a comfortable stay. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Andrews, TX area.

Elly Salazar
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Andrews, TX.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here Easter weekend of this year attending a family members funeral. Very nice on the outside but very disappointed when we went to our room and during our stay especially since this is a fairly new hotel. Our first room had black stains on the walls & floors, broken closet door & dusty. We were moved "up" to a suite which was not much better. There were men in the parking lot & lobby w/coolers of beer drinking. Very uncomfortable for a female to walk in & be gawked at.

Room Tip: Very dirty & uneasy due to oil field workers drinking in the open
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
HIEAndrewsMgmnt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Anna Z.

Thank you for your honest feedback on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your opinion and view it as an opportunity to continually improve our service.

Since your stay in April, we have implemented a more rigorous Maintenance Program to guarantee that rooms are refreshed to meet the highest of standards. I am confident that our guest rooms will meet your expectations the next time you stay with us.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to better serve our guests. We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you are in the area.

The Management Team
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Andrews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andrews? Share your experiences!