“I Sooo Wanted To Write A Good Review...But....”

Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I wanted to write a good review for this place because it really looks on the surface like a place that is going to be nice. Sigh. No such luck. I stayed on business and one day came back to find my room cleaned...if you call urine on the floor...a nice puddle of it sitting there in front of the toilet. WTF? Sheets were NOT changed. Bed was just made...so wrong. Smelled like curry and rice since the owners are Punjab Indians when you walked outside. Bugs crawled from underneath the carpet and up on the walls during the night. TV reception was weak. I dunno. It looks like it is going under renovations and I doubt I will be called back to work in that part of town again. I would say if you are gonna do an overnighter you probably won't die and they do offer a decent breakfast. Oh, they need to buy new shower heads and get bigger pillows.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheWatchmaker

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Remodeled, clean. Granite countertops. Comfortable rooms for less than surrounding hotels. Easy to get to. My husband and I stayed in room 105, king room. The night before we stayed at bet western down the street which was okay, not as nice, and $20 more a night. Will definitely recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bdmclean
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We rented the room when we had our bathroom remodeled. It was very clean and nice for ghe price.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Lslatraveler
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent Saturday and Sunday nights in this motel in Angleton. I shopped all the local motels and this one had the best rates. I was shown the room in advance and was very supprised. It was beautifully decorated and it was very clean. All the amenities worked as they should. The managers were very cordial and I was allowed to invite my grand children to come over and use the pool which was a little small but was perfect for small children. I will stay here again when I visit my grandchildren and would recomend it to ANYONE looking for a place to stay when in Angleton, TX.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Very clean and comfortable with good price and excellence service there are two very friendly housekeeping ladies with good service and attitude

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Awsomeness424202
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Hotel was very nicely designed and very clean. Management was very nice.

Room Tip: I suggest you sign up for Value Club membership.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kescmor23
Reviewed 3 May 2011

When we got there my husband had to go to the restroom in the Lobby, he came back out as I was checking in and said that we needed to see the room first. So, sensing that something was wrong, I agreed. We did and I had my 12 # Yorkie who wanted to go in. I pulled her back when I saw the floors. They were stained and the room smelled. We made an excuse that we wanted to stay closer to Freeport, so "no thanks". As we walked away, the owner said that we had to pay for the first night anyway. We called Travelocity and told them help us find another place. We waited as they called the hotel and finally my husband went in to ask if they were really gonna charge us. We had not given them our credit card or signed anything. The owners wife came out and began yelling at my 65 yr old husband and waved her finger in his face. Then she said that she was going to call the police. He told her to please do it. Then travleocity told us that even thought they didnt charge us anything, that we would have to call our bank and make sure they didnt charge my card. We left and went down the road to a brand new La Quinta. It was great. But we were upset with the whole thing.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank desertlover1005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
Scottish Inns and Suites Angleton
Best Western Plus Lake Jackson Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton? Share your experiences!