“Half Good - Half not so good”

Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Freeport, Texas
“Half Good - Half not so good”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Late night, no reservation check in. This is an older place that has been remodeled and done very well. The lobby and common areas were clean and updated as were the rooms - and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

Unfortunately the walls are still paper thin so I like the TV going as much as possible. I couldn't get the TV to work so had to go to lobby and manager explained but still couldn't figure it out so he had to come turn it on for me. The next morning - still couldn't figure out the complicated TV situation so just had to listen to the neighbors as they chatted and showered as I'm sure they listened to me.

The night manager was efficient; not overly friendly. The day manager was very friendly. The lobby does carry a faint aroma of curry which I found a little unsettling but then it appeared to me this was an older property bought up and renovated - nicely too - by a family that is most likely living in the back rooms of the lobby.

It was excellent as far as the comfort and cleanliness and availability but the thin walls, the TV and the curry was off putting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I made my reservation for Americas Best Value Inn in Angleton for the night of February 07-08th on January 26th through Expedia, as I usually do. When we arrived that night after a seven-hour drive, the hotel clerk (an Indian lady by the name of "Mary") claimed that she did not not know anything about our reservation, and that the hotel was fully booked. When I provided my Expedia itinerary number and even showed her the confirmation e-mail with all of the information in it, she laughed and stated that they did not receive the fax (presumably from Expedia), and that they could do nothing about it. When I pressed about the fact that the entire town was booked and that we were relying on our confirmed reservation, she literally threw her hands up and stated that this was not their problem. When I repeatedly requested to speak to her supervisor, she finally called a man who claimed to be the manager. After I explained the situation to him, he asked to speak to the clerk again, but failed to provide any accommodations, alternatives, or even an apology. The situation was not resolved, and we ultimately ended up departing and (very!) fortunately finding accommodations elsewhere. Their poor attitude, complete lack of professionalism, and inability to resolve the situation will lead us to never consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank 729TGE

Travellers are raving about these Angleton hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I wanted to write a good review for this place because it really looks on the surface like a place that is going to be nice. Sigh. No such luck. I stayed on business and one day came back to find my room cleaned...if you call urine on the floor...a nice puddle of it sitting there in front of the toilet. WTF? Sheets were NOT changed. Bed was just made...so wrong. Smelled like curry and rice since the owners are Punjab Indians when you walked outside. Bugs crawled from underneath the carpet and up on the walls during the night. TV reception was weak. I dunno. It looks like it is going under renovations and I doubt I will be called back to work in that part of town again. I would say if you are gonna do an overnighter you probably won't die and they do offer a decent breakfast. Oh, they need to buy new shower heads and get bigger pillows.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TheWatchmaker
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Remodeled, clean. Granite countertops. Comfortable rooms for less than surrounding hotels. Easy to get to. My husband and I stayed in room 105, king room. The night before we stayed at bet western down the street which was okay, not as nice, and $20 more a night. Will definitely recommend

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bdmclean
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We rented the room when we had our bathroom remodeled. It was very clean and nice for ghe price.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Lslatraveler
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent Saturday and Sunday nights in this motel in Angleton. I shopped all the local motels and this one had the best rates. I was shown the room in advance and was very supprised. It was beautifully decorated and it was very clean. All the amenities worked as they should. The managers were very cordial and I was allowed to invite my grand children to come over and use the pool which was a little small but was perfect for small children. I will stay here again when I visit my grandchildren and would recomend it to ANYONE looking for a place to stay when in Angleton, TX.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James S
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Very clean and comfortable with good price and excellence service there are two very friendly housekeeping ladies with good service and attitude

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Awsomeness424202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
Americas Best Value Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Clute
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton? Share your experiences!