“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We decided to return to this restaurant after a year's absence due to improper prep of our food. We walked in and we're sat at a dirty table. The waiter came and cleaned the table and then left the menus. We wanted to order wine but were told that the restaurant was changing the names on the license and wine was not available, but beer was free if we ordered a meal. I ordered a beer and was then told that they only had Budweiser products. My wife and I settled for water. Our waiter disappeared several times and reappeared to take other peoples' orders but didn't bring our water. After 10 minutes we left. Won't be back anytime soon.

Houston, Texas
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We had the hamburger steak and the Swiss steak. Both were excellent!! Dinner salad was good too. Our server was friendly and attentive. I always enjoy eating here and the food has been consistently good. Good home cooking.

Visited February 2014
Henderson, Texas, United States
“So disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived about 8:30. It was so dark I thought perhaps they were about to close, so we asked about their hours and the hostess was, shall we say, less than charming when she snapped, "10." and turned around to lead us to a table next to the bar and next to two terribly unappetizing unbussed tables. The selection of beers on draft was fairly standard and they had Shiner Draft so things began to look up a bit.

We asked the waitress about the thickness of the ribeye steak and she indicated the 12 ounce was a little thin, so we ordered the larger steak because she said it would be a little thicker. My husband ordered French fries and I ordered a baked potato as our sides. I overheard our waitress explaining to the family next to us that they had run out of baked potatoes and offering alternatives, but she never said anything to me so I assumed I had ordered the last one. When our steaks arrived -- in a timely fashion and at least an inch thick -- my plate had two huge scoops of mashed potatoes. The waitress then told me about the lack of baked potatoes. My steak was fine, flavorful and cooked correctly. My husband, however, described his as "bend your fork tender". He didn't eat much of it.

During our entire dinner, there were restaurant employees and a couple of young men sitting at the bar having a few drinks. Unfortunately, their conversation was quite loud and seasoned VERY liberally with profanity. Not the dinner conversation I seek out...

We finished our meal and went to check out between 9:30-9:45. Remember the hostess who so pleasantly informed us they closed at 10? She had already turned off every single exterior light. It was so dark we could barely find the door handle to get out. My husband turned around and commented that perhaps they could turn on a light so we could see to get out, but was met with an indifferent shrug and no movement. Fortunately, I had a flashlight app on my phone so we could get down the steps without breaking anything. I told him perhaps we should lie down on the pavement and wait to see how many employees stepped right over us on the way to their vehicles.

I must say that I was VERY disappointed in the whole experience and we will NOT be going back.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Alexa306
“Dissapointed!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Server wrote down order did not repeat it back..when food came my order wasn't right so I sat there while everyone else ate without...my daughters fries were cold...I thought maybe a manager would bring my correct food back out...not the case..my daughters sweet teas had very little melted ice at the top of a full glass of tea...not ok..tasted watered down as if it had been sittin in a pitcher some where...no check backs from server...no prebusting from server...mashed potatoes are running ..tasted bland...grean beans have no flavor had to use salt and pepper..and cfc had no taste either...I never use salt and pepper and I had it all over the plate...just very unhappy...will not be returning!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank kmarie36
Angleton
“Gone Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Have eaten here off and on for years. It seems like the last year or so everything has just gone downhill. Ate there last night with my hubby and we were totally disappointed, irritated, and decided we won't return until some serious changes are made. We ordered our food our meals came with salads. The salads were half the size they used to be with wilted lettuce and one cherry tomato. He ordered the cajun chicken supper and it was also half the size it used to be and the price went up. I ordered hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and they were instant and cold. The menu we looked at showed each meal to be $9.95, but when we got our check it said they were $10.95. I picked up a menu and it said $10.95 so obviously they have old menus floating around. It wasn't worth $2 to argue. There is also nothing but kids in there. I saw one adult. Until the place is run by adults and they improve the quality of their food I won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013