“Good place to eat”

Bakery Cafe
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Aransas Pass
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We needed a place to eat & I couldn't seem to find a good restaurant on my phone so I stopped at the Visitor's Center and they recommended three different places. We chose the Bakery Cafe and are glad we did. The food is very good, the homemade rolls are to die for, and the service was excellent. I only wish we had left room for dessert. The pies looked wonderful & delicious. I would even say that if you're visiting Port A and need a good place to eat, ride the ferry to Aransas Pass and eat here.

There are newer reviews for Bakery Cafe

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Since 1929... We used to frequent a restaurant in Rockport called Klines and have been sad over the years that it's gone. Just up the road, we find the Bakery Cafe, an old fashioned diner, and the same, down home cooking, fresh and hot, and the best fluffy biscuits I've had in a long time. We will definitely be back every time we're in Rockport. Service was a bit slow because they were packed so It wasn't a problem.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It took us a while to try this place simply because of the name. Bakery Cafe sounds like it is a Bakery first and foremost, however, it is more a Cafe than a Bakery.

The menu is like you are looking at one your mom would have written up if she'd had the time. *Wink* Fried Chicken Livers and Gizzards are awesome. Chicken Fried Steak is good. Gravy is very good. Breakfasts are good.

The only thing I've had there that wasn't good was a steak. I ordered medium and received it mooing on the plate it was so rare. A trip back to the kitchen got it dead enough that it was no longer mooing but, it was bleeding to death, lol. I was unable to eat even a bite. I ended up getting a box and took it home, but I ended up throwing it out after three days in the fridge. So, steak is not their strong suite (Go to Shempy's between Aransas Pass and Rockport for a fantastically great steak instead!)

But, as for the home-cooked fried chicken, the wonderfully decadent Bread Pudding? Go for it! Prices are great for fixed incomers and service is, for the most part, good. Sometimes hit or miss on getting spotted when you come in the door.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Country small town atmosphere where waitresses still call ya Hon. Portions are more than enough without raising the price. You would swear your grandmother was back in the kitchen. Anything on the menu would be great but I favor the breakfast specials.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

When you travel, look for places that have that local atmosphere. This place is purely home cooking, not those service restaurants now a days. You can see by the people that go there that it’s all in the family, and it’s great. During our weekend with the family, we tried this place and we all got satisfied from a party of 14 people, we got the special that was chicken fried steak, turkey dinner and fried catfish… for me was the chicken fried steak, the gravy was the best with the buttermilk bun, the celery soup awesome!. We left there full and didn’t have a bit until later on, so if you want to pack your self planty this is the place… Almost forgot my wife is a dessert maniac, she game some of the bread pudding, nice!. We will sure go there next time we go to Port Aransas