“Full House”

Ranked #29 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Lubbock, Texas
“Full House”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was travelling with a group of college students and stayed at this location on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. The place was completely full - lots of folks in town like we were, for a private party at Six Flags. Others were in town for the big football game at the Cowboys place.

I must be honest, I was little nervous after reading some of the reviews. My fears have been erased. The folks at the front desk were quick to chekc us in and accomodating with the extra items we needed. The room was nice - and about right for the price range. The location was perfect for baseball or the amusement park. I would not hesitate to stay again.

The only issue I saw was the incredible amount of people trying to eat breakfast at the same time. That's not the fault of the hotel. As a matter of fact, that just means they had a very good weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gnauert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Thomas, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before and I gave it 5 stars 2 years ago. I've stayed there at least a dozen times since my last review (mostly for Rangers games) and until my most recent stay from 8/31/2013 to 9/2/2013 I would have stood behind my review. The reason I have went to 3 stars is mainly due to some small changes in the way the staff treats you. In the past there as always someone at the front desk to greet you, now that person is sitting in a chair in the lobby playing on her phone and not paying attention to guests. The floor in the elevators was always clean in the past and this time had dirt and trash in it every time I rode in it. They did not clean our room, bring fresh towels, or make the bed Sunday morning, granted we stay in the room until 10:30, they were still cleaning rooms on our floor. The last thing is both positive and negative in a way, the A/C didn't work when we got there and it was apparent that someone (my guess housekeeping) had pulled the chair over to prop the door open which makes me think that at least the maid knew it wasn't working, however I called the front desk and she said the maintenance man would be back in 15 to 20 min. He was there in about 40 min, which is still faster than I expected and within 20 min. they had put in a new A/C. I guess the hotel overall kind of let me down as I expected the same great service and friendliness as I have come accustomed to and it was lacking this trip. We'll give it another shot come next Baseball season and if it comes up short again we'll have to find another place.

Note: I had made a reservation at another hotel because this one was full, when a room opened up I canceled at that hotel and told him that I always stay at the Sleep Inn and it wasn't anything against his hotel, he then told me that the Sleep Inn was under new management. I don't know if it is or not, but after last weekend I kind of believe it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stanfield, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Made our reservation in Feb. for August with a third party guest arriving the day before. Was e-mailed a credit card authorization, which I completed along with copy of my CC and faxed back. Called to confirm they had received it. They denied, but stated they would make notes in the computer on who would be checking in first. Upon arrival I was told they showed us as a non-show and would charge us for not canceling. They quickly fixed that issue but could NOT get it straight on who was in what room and which credit card. After checking out they charged us more than our original quote. Got home and checked my CC statement and there had been two separate charges, both different amounts. Called to have them fix this---they showed we were paying for two different rooms. They are incompetent, do not listen, and have POOR communication. I would NEVER stay here or refer my friends/family to this hotel. I have no clue what they are doing with my CC information. I will check back in 24 hours to see if they made the correction. TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank brandnic9

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

we recently stay at this location and the experience was horrible. It is at a very convenient location but the staff and service just makes it a bad place to stay. After hours of driving, we got there around 5 minutes early and we couldn't check in and had to wait. The employee (Amanda) was very arrogant as if she was paying for my stay. She ignored me for a while and at the end out of the three rooms that I booked they only had one ready and I had to wait almost 30 minutes for the other two. Finally, she gave us the rooms but the rooms were dirty and smelled awful. I went to go let them know and I got to talk to the manager Lori Alfaro and that was even worst. She never apologized and kept on arguing with me trying to defend her position but she forgot that I was the customer and she was no one only the person running the circus because she never had control of the situation. The stay was a nightmare and kept hearing all the negative comments that people were making. They even gave one room to two different families so at all times I was worried that they were going to give my room away to some one else. (I had a lot of things in this room) That manager Alfaro has no sense of customer service and employee management she needs some classes or needs to get fired because is ridiculous how many issues this location has.

Room Tip: stay at brands that you are familiar with. I like Marriott and never had a problem with them but th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosa M
lubbock
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for the Rangers/Yankees baseball series and will not be returning. The first night back after the ball game we got into bed and noticed that our bedding was wet all the way down to the mattress! We had been out of the room all afternoon so we are not sure what it was. Of course it was late and no housekeeping was available but we were given clean sheets to change the bed ourselves. The breakfast area is too small for the amount of people they are trying to serve and only had 1 waffle maker, the juice machine was out of order. Our room was not cleaned the until our 3rd day there and we were told it was because the hotel was full. Yes the rates were the lowest for that area, but I learned my lesson! We were told we would get 10% off of our bill and only got $10 for our troubles.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Only good thing about this hotel is the location, the breakfast and the front desk help name Latisha. The rooms are very small and filthy. Had to ask 4 times to have the room cleaned. Public bathrooms are nasty for a newly remodeled hotel. Super small pool and other guests complained if roaches and spider. However,there is a grwat full breakfast and Latisha was very helpful. I got a deal on the room otherwise this it's not with a $100 a night.

• Stayed July 2013
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We recently took a combination business / vacation. We stayed at three hotels in a week. Sleep Inn was the last of the group - and definitely the smallest rooms. It is an older hotel, and it could use some updates. There were ants on our credenza. I saw an employee later spraying residential bug spray around the hotel. They should probably hire a professional exterminator. The staff was wonderful, and the location was great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family