“was better two years ago”

Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

the breakfast could have been better the waffle was not working. eggs bad
In fact we stayed there two years ago and everything was better. only ice machine was on 4th floor, pool closed down. I would be hard pressed to stay again i would be afraid would be worse this time. The rooms were ok but could not get house keeping to replace towels.

Room Tip: replace the linens as we use them never enough
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked a room online with this Choice Hotels franchise in April for a June trip that my husband was taking to see a concert. I received a confirmation email (complete with confirmation number and accurate check-in/check-out dates) upon booking as well as a reminder email (again confirming my reservation with the correct dates) the day before the scheduled trip. At 4pm EST on the day before the trip, I received a call from the hotel informing me that they had overbooked and my husband's hotel room would only be available for one of the two nights that we had reserved. The gentleman who called was very unfriendly, refusing to assist us in finding another hotel room in the area, insisting that there was nothing that he could do. After several hours on the phone with Choice Hotels corporate office, the representative from Choice Hotels called Expedia to book my husband a room at the Sheraton (which was MUCH more expensive than the original room) and assured us that Choice Hotels would be covering the cost of the hotel for our inconvenience. At the completion of his trip, my husband contacted Choice Hotels to arrange for the refund, only to be informed that they would NOT be refunding the total amount of the hotel room but only $130, which was the original cost of the room at Sleep Inn. Needless to say, after hours of phone calls with the hotel as well as the corporate offices, we are not done with this. I would advise other traveler against staying at this hotel, as the corporate office did disclose to us that this is a recurring problem with this location.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently stayed for a weekend to see the Red Sox vs. Rangers and a day at Six Flags. Hotel is across the street from Six Flags in a very quiet area.The Ballpark is about a 15 minute walk, there is also a trolley that stops in the back of the hotel, passes are available at front desk. We walked. Never used a car for the three days we were there.There's Subway and Denny's within a five minute walk and Humperdink's across the parking lot. I'm sure theres much more too, but that's what we used.
Although the Hotel is considered basic, you have everything one would need to have an enjoyable stay. Free breakfast with your staples, plus you can make some awesome Texas waffles. Room was good. We needed a place to crash after baseball and Six Flags, our room was fine. AC was nice and cool. Shower was good. Rooms have Fridge, microwave and coffee maker.Theres a pool. Noise was probably what it is at any hotel, the sound of the AC took care of it anyway. Front desk was helpful getting us adjoining rooms and securing cabs to airport. Check in was fine, felt bad that they only had one person working at busy check in time. We enjoyed our stay and hope to be back again. We did NOT experience any issues due to renovations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shedawg1013
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After reviewing hotel locations close to ATT Stadium on a map I chose this place because of location. I thought it was well within walking distance as I was there to attend the rodeo on 3-1-14 and hoped to be close enough. As most hotels in the area were full I booked a room. I had not reviewed Trip Advisor as I normally would so I didn't see reviews until after I booked the room. I had never been to this area so I arrived early before the crowds to familiarize myself with it. When I located the hotel I didn't think it was close enough to walk especially on an unusually warm day in the eighties. I went in and looked around and yes it was under renovation. I left to consider my options and decided I didn't want to stay there as my rationale for spending $100 on the room was that I was going to save $35.00 on parking at the stadium. When I called to cancel I was put on hold. I just looked at my cell phone call info. and the duration before I hung up was 18 min. and 45 seconds and started at 3:50 p.m. I waited awhile and called back to cancel and when I did I was told they would not cancel a reservation after 4:00 p.m. and if I didn't show up my credit card would be billed. The rodeo didn't get over until 10:30 p.m. so I returned to check in. At that time the desk personnel were very friendly and personable. It was after 11: p.m. by the time I settled in my room at which time I discovered there was no remote for the t.v. It was very busy as all of the rodeo fans were arriving so I went to the front desk to inquire about a remote. There was a new clerk and he said if he did not have one but if there were any rooms not occupied he would get one from there. A short time later he informed me all rooms were occupied and he apologized for the inconvenience caused. Other than that the room was good. The bed was very comfortable. Because of the work going on and the number of guests there breakfast in the morning was a bit hectic but I will say the woman servicing that area did a great job in keeping all of the numerous items filled and I was actually surprised with selection. From hard boiled eggs to sausage biscuits, juice, bagels, cereal it was good. I would definitely stay there again if for no other reason the staff was very nice to me under the circumstances and I am sure the cancellation issue was purely a corporate policy thing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank valueseeker8189
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to just take the time out of my day to Thank you for your feedback when staying here with us just recently. I am glad you will be coming and staying with us again. I do want to also apologize for your reservation mistake there is actually a cancellation policy that we have to up hold here at the Sleep Inn when special events are in town. The lastest to cancel a reservation is before 4pm on the day of the arrival. Front desk actually has no authority to override such cancellation policies, but I am please to also hear my staff up held the superior customer service we strive for. If for any reasons you need to contact me so I am able to further assit you I am in office Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm and would be happy to help you out in any way possible. I am also glad to hear your stay was comfortable and your overall experience was a good one. Just one request if you are ever in the Arlington area again and you stay with us I would love to meet with you so this way you can put a name with a face and I am able to get better aquainted with my guest. Myself and my staff have a Motto for Sleep Inn and that is "EVERY GUEST LEAVES AS A FRIEND" and we would love to get you as a guest in on our motto. Once again Thank you for your feedback it is very valuable to us here at the Sleep Inn.
Lori Alfaro

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall, this is a very nice Sleep Inn. When we arrived, the check-in process was very fast, and the lady at the front desk was very nice. The room was comfortable and clean, and a decent size. There was a fridge/freezer, and a nice flatscreen television which worked great.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the location is fantastic (across the street from Six Flags, easy access to AT&T (Cowboys) stadium or the Texas Rangers' baseball field, etc.). The prices are great and it's a very good value.

When we woke up in the morning, the breakfast was decent (a fairly typical Sleep Inn/Quality Inn breakfast, with good quality food). The front desk staff took time out to give us tips and directions for things to do during terrible weather (temperatures below freezing and snow!!) in Arlington, which was greatly appreciated.

The only issue was that the hotel is currently being renovated, and thus the eating area for breakfast is very small, other parts of the hotel (e.g. exercise facility) are closed and there are plastic cover sheets over the outside of the windows. However, I do think they'll be finished with this in the near future. If it wasn't for the renovations going on currently, I'd give this hotel a 5/5 - and I'm sure it'll be a 5/5 facility once the renovations are complete.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay near AT&T Stadium or Six Flags. If you bring your own vehicle, make sure you register the license plate and get a placard, or it may get towed (I guess they have problems with people parking to go to Six Flags).

Pros: Excellent staff, clean facility, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, great location.
Cons: Currently under renovations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Omar K
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We visited the Sleep Inn Maingate in November when visiting Arlington for a college football game at AT&T stadium. The rates are very affordable for the area, and the room we had was very comfortable, but cozy. The hotel is located just across the street from the six flags park, and a relatively short walk to the Rangers ballpark and AT&T stadium. The morning breakfast features some hot items including a waffle maker, and was more than adequate. Be sure to put a parking sticker on your car as they do have to tow people looking for free parking to get to the parks, but we had no problems with that.

Room Tip: We did not notice any bad spots - go with your normal preferences.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moved2Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

One of the least expensive hotels we stayed in on our two week tour but of a high standard. In a good location and with a sports bar just across the parking lot. Angel on the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Good Morning Dave,
I am writing you to tell you I am so glad to hear how my F/D Agent Angel made your stay here with us a great one. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and would love to see you back whenever you are in town again. You have a wonderful day and weekend.
Lori Alfaro