“Close To The FUN!”

Ranked #30 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
SW Oklahoma
“Close To The FUN!”
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We checked in on Saturday 05/23/09. They allowed us to check in around 11:00 which was great. We get two rooms and usually have to fight the front desk to get them adjoining or close, with Sleep Inn we had NO PROBLEM, our rooms were right next to each other. The rooms are very small but nice and clean. The showers were awesome. While 6-Flags is right across the street it is a pretty long walk, although saving on parking is worth it.
The only complaint I would make is not really a complaint more a warning....the breakfast is really skimpy with hardly ANY choices. But, overall, I would recommend this hotel to any family looking for an inexpensive hotel close to the fun! There are also two restraunts within easy walking distance and that made it nice!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank okfarmfamily
754gm_arlington, Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer free trolley service to Six Flags(as well as other area attractions), so please inquire at our front desk on your next visit to Arlington so that you will not have to walk to the park.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 April 2009

The facility was so nice and clean and the staff went out of their way to make you feel at home. I most certainly stay here my next trip.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Coindog80
754gm_arlington, manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
We are pleased to offer a quality customer service so that you feel at home while staying with us at the Sleep Inn.
Minden, NV
Reviewed 22 April 2009

You can't get any closer to Six Flags, and you can see the Ballpark from the hotel. High speed internet in the rooms was a big plus for me! Comfortable beds, and room had a microwave and refrigerator, which was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank TahoeQueen87
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Sleep Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. Please visit us on your next trip to Arlington.
Reviewed 6 February 2009

We stayed in this motel in January 2008. We paid $49.95 + safe per night $1 + state tax $3.06 + city/county tax $4.59 + entertainment district $0.90. Total for 2 nights: $119. We used a discount coupon from a booklet the type you find in gas stations and tourist offices.

The motel is opposite Six Flags. This was not the reason for our visit but I mention it because you only need to cross the road to get there. I wouldn't wait for any bus to take me to the park, just walk, in 5 minutes you are there.

For us, it was a convenient place to stay, between Dallas and Fort Worth. I guess as soon as the new Cowboys stadium is built, prices will raise in most motels in the area. Our room was clean, with comfortable double beds, heating/air con worked all right. The bathroom has a shower instead of a bath. We actually like the shower better! Less splashing, no mess with musty plastic curtains : This shower has a door instead. There was free wi-fi and free breakfast in the morning (which we didn't take). The reception desk clerk was efficient and friendly. We also saw a small gym with three exercise machines.

Overall, a nice stay for a good price. Only rant, and I still recommend the hotel, is charging for the safe $1 per night. We didn't need it and we didnt' use it. I wish the clerk had told us about the option of a safe and let us decide whether we wanted to use it or not. In any case, it seems a bit petty complaining for a couple of dollars but hey, if we had stayed there say, 15 days, that would have been a bit of a surprise when seeing the bill. This will not stop us from coming back to this hotel, of course.

• Liked — Good location between Dallas & Fort Worth, clean room, comfortable beds, free wifi
  • Disliked — safe surchage of $1 per night even when not using it/aware of it
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, 23 April 2009
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. The $1 safe charge is optional if you need to use the safe. If you do not have the need to use it to secure your valuables, please inform the front desk and they will be happy to remove the charge. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Arlington.
Houston
Reviewed 5 December 2008

This hotel was great, We were given a room on the 3rd floor and never saw ANYONE ELSE! It was extra quiet and it was a weekend. We stayed to visit Six Flags the next day and there were other families there for the same thing. The breakfast was plentiful no issues or problems. There was even a guard outside at night. Only issues was the yelling from six flags(according to my wife who went back to the room later in the day.) The nights rest was great(better than many other hotels. One other issue was the shower, While i am not overweight by any means a bigger person might have a hard time in the odd shaped shower. We decided to stay another night at 11a and it was not a problem. I will stay here again!

• Liked — Convience factor, Close to everything.
  • Disliked — The pool "opened" from 8a-11p but was closed a good portion of the day.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank fmulder21
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are proud to offer the Sleep Inn Signature showers, as well as bathtubs in our handicapped rooms. Our pool is opened during season daily from 10am-10pm. We are so close to the theme park that you can hear the sounds of the park during the day on one side of the hotel. However, if you are not interested in the park view or if you are just needing that afternoon nap, please inform the front desk and we will be happy to place you in a room facing away from the park. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Norman,OK
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Just returned from a weekend at The Sleep Inn. Me and my husband decided to take the kids to Six Flags for the weekend and picked this hotel because it was across the street. I had read many reviews stating how horrible the customer service was but again opted to stay due to the convenience factor. The second we checked in the hotel staff was not just unfriendly but downright rude!!! We ignored it and continued to our room which was satisfactory. Not the Ritz but definitely moderate enough considering we would only be in the room long enough to sleep. That night we all settled into bed and I kid you not it sounded as if a herd of elephants were stampeding above us! This went on for 2 hours straight which resulted in three complaints made to the front desk. The last time I called the manager on duty actually yelled at me. This is after we had been pretty nice about the whole situation and patient at that. I will never stay here again and certainly would never reccomend a stay at the Sleep Inn!!!! Better to stay a little further from Six Flags and drive!!!

• Liked — the convenient location
  • Disliked — the rude hotel staff!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank kbrandy31
754gm_arlington, manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, 18 September 2008
Thank you for sharing you experience at Sleep Inn Maingate-Six Flags. We offer the highest level of customer service and we do our best to try to accomodate all of our guests requests. We also have on-site security that handles all noise complaints on the property to ensure our guests get a restful nights sleep.

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

TEXAS
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I stayed at this property on July 2, 2008 for the soul purpose of going to Six Flags, which is convently, located across the street. My wife & I checked into the Hotel; put our 1 bag in the room and ran to Six Flags. While at Six Flags, my wife was injured on a ride. She went to the E.R. and they kept her. I notified the Hotel of our early check out. And they were informed of me staying at the hospital with my wife so I may make all decisions on her as needed. The lady at the front desk said it would not be a problem for a refund., talk to the manager in the morning. I did as she said. I never received a refund. Instead I dealt with a VERY RUDE lady!!! The manager said they had a right to charge me for the room. I had no problem paying for a room I USED!! But I never got that chance. I had called a few times and left messages. The Hotel was NOT booked full or near full for that day as I did ask that night. So the room was not even needed. But I guess they like sticking it to the man! Or maybe HARD up for cash?? Anywho, the Hotel was clean & nice value. But if there is a problem, you’re screwed! I even received a REFUND from Six Flags because we were only there for what?? A whole minute?
I would suggest you look to another Hotel; after all there is about 10 in the area to choose from. OH, if you go Marriott, Crown Plaza type hotels you will get COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service. This Hotel only offers a standard “bus” ride to the park, which it goes to all Hotels and it runs every hour after noon. You may be the last to get dropped off, imagine a 1-hour bus ride after you had a full day at Six Flags. I think the last thing people want to do is WAIT for the bus, and then be last one dropped off.
I planned to go back with my wife when she healed, I would have stayed at this Hotel. I even asked for a free night for when I returned. The answer was NO!
Very unhappy.

• Liked — Six Flags across the street
  • Disliked — How the Manager took advantage of us!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baylor_4_ME
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this review, 11 September 2008
The Sleep Inn Maingate takes prides in servicing our customers at the highest level. We offer a 100% guarantee that states if a guest reports a problem and we can not correct the problem that we will not charge you for your stay. We promptly attend to the needs and requests of all of our guests. Unfortunately, when the problem is encountered outside the hotel and the beds, shower, and room has been used by the guest we are unable to refund your stay. Our hotel is nice and clean as suggested in this review. We offer complimentary shuttle serivce to the park. However, most guests find it easier to walk across the street.