We were excited to stay at this hotel since we received a decent rate (held with cc over the phone) and a deluxe continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, muffins, bagels, english muffins, fruit, cereal, juices, etc) and right in front of Six Flags.
To start, we arrived and were told the desk clerk was not "ready" to check us in because he was counting his money, which was laid across counter. We waited 25 minutes and decided to come back. Upon arrival, we were not even greeted by any of the 3 clerks, only one of which was checking guests in. Room was small (stand up shower/toilet in tiny room with pocket door) but clean, so no problems there. As we were leaving, we stopped by front desk to ask when shuttle runs and clerk just 1/2 points towards wall and said it's over there. Again, no customer friendliness, but okay.
Next morning went down around 830 for breakfast (served 6-945)--and there were maybe 5 muffins and cereal out. No juice, no anything else but a room full of guests looking for food. Upon asking the front desk clerk (Chris)-he said, "we are out". After being told that is unacceptable, he said "we'll check". We waited for an hour and nothing. Most guests went to McDonald's and brought food back. When confronted with the question, where is the breakfast this hotel advertises, Chris replies, "we don't promise you breakfast" and walks off.
Lastly, upon checkout--he rufuses a discount AND overcharges me and will not credit my card and said, "call the manager on Monday if you want" and again, walks off.
Horrible, horrible guest service. Would not stay here nor recommend anyone stay here unless they get a cheap, cheap rate! (under $70) I would absolutely stay at the La Quinta; Hilton; Sheraton or even a Motel Six before I would stay at this location again ALL because of the negative and careless attitude staff has. It doesn't take much to say "welcome, thank you, have a nice day"...after all--you are in Texas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walking Distance to Six Flags Over Texas. We are also right around the corner from Dallas Cowboy Stadium & Texas Ranger Stadium. Humperdinks Resturant right next door & on Dallas Cowboy & Texas Rangers Games they provide shuttle services to & from the game for a charge of $10 per person.Near Arlington Convention Center,We are also located 15min from the Six Flags Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Maingate 6 Flags
- Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags Hotel Arlington
- Sleep Inn Arlington
- Arlington Sleep Inn