Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington Near Six Flags
Candlewood Suites - Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$166
US$156
US$150
US$133
Comfort Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$87
All reviewswafflessix flagsroom was cleanfront deskupon checkinstaff was super friendlyseveral restaurants within walking distanceshower areastayed for two nightsheavy trafficfree breakfastthe breakfast areasmall pooltrolley stopdecent breakfastmorning breakfasthot breakfast
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stay in a lot of Marriott properties and this personal trip was on Reward points.

Positives: Great location if you need to be in that area, it's close to the airport, there are several restaurants are close by, the room was clean, comfortable bed, the wi-fi, climate control, and TV worked well, the staff was friendly, and the included hot breakfast was good. It's very easy to access both HWY 360 and I-30.

Overall, though, the property seemed to be aging a bit. This doesn't mean it wasn't clean or well decorated, just older. For example, there aren't automatic doors into the lobby. Not a big deal to me, but I sure noticed it.

The biggest downside, however was the road noise. My room was on the west side of the building, away from HWY 360 but there was constant traffic noise. My window was fully closed and all I could surmise was that the noise was echoing from other close by buildings. I did affect my sleep.

Room Tip: Earplugs might be helpful. ;0)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

We greatly apprecaite your review. As you mentioned our location is convenient for a number of restaurants and local attractions. Easy access to HWY 360 and I-30 make it a great place to stay if you're just passing through or in town for business as it makes for an easy commute. Thanks again and we hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just got back from a girl's weekend staying at this hotel. Terrible Terrible Terrible. Will never stay there again!!! The service was terrible they do NOT know what they are talking about, they do not take responsibility for their own wrong information. No shuttle from the hotel to the airport because they are too cheap to get in on the shuttle service with the other hotels around them. You ask where the nearest Walmart/Liquor store is and they want to send you 25 miles away when there is one 10 miles away which by the way we had to taxi it everywhere. Charges on our room which should not have been on there. The Trolley ride to the Dallas/Minnesota game was a freakin joke!!! First experience ever to NFL game girls only and everything was awesome except for the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing our property. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We recommend taking a taxi or airport shuttle to/from the DFW airport as we do not provide a shuttle service at this time. Our property is within walking distance to a number of restaurants and the Arlington Trolley provides service to local attractions all summer long making it a great location for those without a vehicle. The transportation to the game you attended was the first hiccup we have had all season and has been corrected. All shuttle passengers were provided a full refund for their troubles. We have worked with the transportation company to ensure all traffic routes are open to avoid having a delay for our guests returning to the hotel after the game. If for any reason you believe your final bill is incorrect, please reach out to me directly and I would be happy to review it and make corrections if necessary. Thank you and we look forward to continuing to serve NFL fans and providing safe, reliable transportation to AT&T Stadium events.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Positives: convenient location; good breakfast; well-maintained; welcoming staff
Negative: traffic and customoer noise

This was the third (and final) Fairfield Inn we stayed in during a short autumn vacation. Each had strong points and areas for improvement.

Sounds of the City -

Situated between I-30 and Lamar Street, a short distance west of Highway 360, this hotel is easy to reach. Due to its location near major highways, it's also quite noisy... by far the noisiest of the three hotels we stayed in.

Although our second floor room faced away from the Interstate we still heard truck noise and more than a few jets from nearby DFW.

Most annoying, though: the floor above our room squeaked incessantly as occupants prepared to leave early. We didn't need an alarm clock...our "upstairs neighbors" woke us both mornings...long before we wanted to be disturbed!

Keeping Up with the Times -

This hotel is older than others visited during this trip, but the decor has been updated to current standards. Recently-constructed Fairfields have a spacious lobby, and their business centers are relatively large. The lobby and business areas are very small here; both were squeezed into a compact space across from the front desk. (Lobby furniture was so close together it looked almost comical)

Signs of age were evident: multiple coats of paint on door facings, repaired dings on walls, small missing parts (our vanity sink had no stopper), etc. But it's obvious the staff is working hard to maintain the place. Damaged areas were professionally repaired, and they've done a great job keeping the facility clean.

How Can I Help You? -

Excellent customer service is a hallmark of Marriott properties. Employees here did not disappoint. Staffers were very friendly and knowledgeable. We were greeted cordially and checked-in quickly.

When asked, the front-desk associate recommended several local dining establishments, important information because of the sizable number of nearby restaurants. She concluded by mentioning one that gave a 10% discount to Fairfield guests. (We went there and were happy with the experience...but that's a different review!)

Room for Us -

Overall, our king bedroom was about the same size as the newer property we stayed in the first night away from home. One noticeable difference: the bathroom and vanity here are smaller and the sleeping area larger. We liked this arrangement better as the configuration provided space for a side chair...nice to have when reading and watching television.

We especially appreciated the presence of a microwave and mini-refrigerator. The fridge enables us to keep leftovers from restaurants instead of leaving food to be thrown out.

Rise and Shine -

Another positive: this property served the most breakfast options of the three places we stayed. We counted six types of cereal, oatmeal packets in different flavors, scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, a wide variety of breads and muffins, fresh fruit...and of course, make-your-own waffles. This was more in line with what we've come to expect.

Their outside pool was still full of water in mid-October. We didn't try it, as air temperatures were rather cool during our stay. We didn't see the exercise room.

The Bottom Line -

Overall, this is a good hotel, one we'd return to if in the area. The off-season rate was reasonable and it's conveniently located. Located next to Arlington's entertainment district, it'd be a great place to stay when attending ball games or going to other attractions.

The level of transportation noise heard inside the hotel is pretty easy to ignore. We were more annoyed by the squeaking floor and heavy footfalls. Breakfast was very satisfying. Overall, the property was clean, in good repair, and the staff made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side, away from I-30. You may still hear road noise but perhaps it wouldn't be as noticeable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington Near Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

We apprecaite you taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. Thank you for your kind words about our service and upkeep of the property, I can't wait to share them with my team. As you mentioned we do have a modern feel as we completed a full renovation earlier this year and it's great to know our guests love our new look. Breakfast was also upgraded earlier this year to include a wider variety of items to help you start your day. Thank you again for your review and if you're ever in this part of town again we'd love to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

When checked in asked for roll away bed and extra towels. None were found in room. Room smelled musty and of mildew. Heater smelled like it was burning. There was a kid convention of some sort. There were dozens of small children running aorund the building outside and inside. They left a trail of mess wherever they went. They were running around screaming during breakfast as well. No adults seemed to be watching or disciplining them. It was chaotic even after bedtime.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a special occasion involving many children that is going to be there before booking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. I will certainly be following up with my staff to determine why the items were not in your room as requested and apologize for the trouble with the heater. Our location is ideal for school groups and sports teams being located in close proximity to a number of attractions and event venues. We also do our best to minimize the impact of groups on our other guests and I will be revewing our policies with my team at our next meeting. While we host many groups, it is extremely rare that they become a disturbance. We work closely with the coach/leader and inform them of our policies ahead of time to eliminate noise complaints for other travellers. Again I thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Out of all the places I stay across the country, The location of the Fairfield Inn is the best. I travel for business a lot, so I get to see who is doing a great job and who isn't. I look forward to returning to Arlington Texas so I can stay at this wonderful hotel.
The staff is superb, very professional, and here to serve you and make you feel pampered and welcome. The hotel is always well kept, clean as a whistle, and the rooms are very nice. The beds are a dream (no pun) to sleep on.
There are plenty of attractions if you want some excitement, but it's very comforting to know that you have a nice, clean, well kept hotel, with friendly staff to help your worries go away for just a little while.

Room Tip: The rooms opposite Six Flags are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for for your glowing review of our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I will certainly share your comments with my team who is always strving to exceed the expectations of our guests. Clean rooms and comfy beds are two of the greatest things anyone can ask for in their hotel choice and I'm thrilled to see we were able to impress. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town!