We went to The Baylor/Tech game at Jerry's World and stayed here one night. We loved the convenience of the hotel to not only the football stadium but the Rangers and Six Flags as well. We chose to drive to the stadium parking area which was a piece of cake but could have opted for a taxi that the hotel has made arrangements with for a very reasonable price. Probably the taxi cost and the cost of parking would have ended up just about even with the taxi maybe a hair less expensive. We zipped right down Ballpark Way to the stadium area in less than 10 minutes in some traffic. Lots of traffic after the game but again got on Ballpark Way. Once we cleared 3 or so blocks, we zipped back to the hotel.It was also nice having the Sonic just down the street as the food we ate at 4:00 was long gone at 11 that night. There is also a Dickey's BBQ right there as well and probably several other places to eat that we missed.
The hotel is extremely clean and the room so very spacious. They only have queens but it was very comfortable. There is a full size frig, a two burner smooth-top stove, microwave, toaster ovens to rent-nice pots-everything you would need if on business for days at a time or if you were doing the Rangers, Six Flags etc. It is a great place if you are bringing the family. There is even a patio with umbrella tables. The fitness room looked good.
We would absolutely stay here again. The price was close to half what many of the hotels in the area were charging and at least as nice and probably a lot nicer than many of them. No breakfast here but how much do you love those same old rubber egg, waffle iron, sweet roll, and Yoplait yogurt breakfasts anyway? We would rather go somewhere nice for a real breakfast or grab a breakfast taco at a fast food place depending upon our schedule.
We will definitely be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Arlington is located in the Heart of the Arlington Entertainment, close to the Globe Life Ballpark, Home of the Texas Rangers, AT&T Stadium, Home of the Dallas Cowboys, Arlington Convention Center, Six Flags Over Texas Amusement Park & Hurricane Harbor Waterpark & University of Texas at Arlington. Only 8 miles southwest of the DFW Int'l Airport, the Candlewood Suites Arlington is centrally located between Dallas & Fort Worth with easy access to Interstate 30 & Highway 360. The hotel is in close proximity to Lone Star Park & Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Texas. Nearby Fortune 500 companies: General Motors, Siemens, Bell Helicopter/Textron, American Eurocopter, Safran/Turbomeca USA, Lockheed Martin, Vought Aircraft, American Airlines & L 3 Communications. Candlewood Suites Arlington, an extended stay hotel, offers complimentary high-speed Internet. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with two separate phone lines-check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax while you enjoy the CD player or VCR/DVD. Borrow your favorites from our free video & CD library. In our Candlewood Cupboard, you can purchase meals, snacks, & sundry items. Pets welcome with a non refundable fee: $15 for the first night, $10 for each subsequent night, not to exceed $150. Up to 2 pets allowed per room, must weigh less than 80 lbs. Pet agreement must be signed at check in. Ask about our shuttle service (Mon-Fri). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Candlewood Arlington
- Arlington Candlewood Suites