“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Rockville, Maryland
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

One of my most accommodating hotel experiences ever!! After my busy Thanksgiving holiday and driving 7 hours with another 7 hours to go my family and I decided to stop in Arlington and stay at the Courtyard. It was 4 am and I was pleasantly welcomed and quickly got a room. I can't remember the guy's name (reception desk) but he was so professional! He offered me late check out and also told me the breakfast hours. My room was very clean and my stay was comfortable and amazing. I would stay here in a heartbeat again. Thank You Courtyard. You never let me down!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor, room 309. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Good afternoon and thank you so much for the kind words of our hotel. The desk person's name is Neven and I will certainly print out the comments and show him. Please let us know if you are coming back through the city again as we would love to have you stay with us. Have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
El Dorado KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our group stayed here for two nights for work. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and beautiful, and the price was very reasonable. There is lots of shopping and dining in the area, which makes the stay even better!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for your comments on the hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the staff and let them know. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Planning a party from 2000 miles away is a challenge, but Courtyard made it easy for me. (We had 6 family members with birthdays and an anniversary to celebrate while I was in town.) Since I was the only one coming from out of town, I booked a room at the Courtyard and had the other family members meet me there for a pizza party with birthday cake, ice cream and presents. The front desk staff was so helpful with where to set up, who to call for pizza, directing the guests and even cleanup. This was my second time staying at this particular location and I will definitely be going back when I visit Arlington again. This event was effortless!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words of the hotel and thank you for choosing our hotel for your celebrations. I'm glad you had the chance to spend such great times with family and friends. I will certainly pass on the nice words to the staff and let them know. Thank you and please let us know next time you are coming to Arlington. Have a wonderful day.
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This property offers the updated Courtyard brand lobby and reception area. This design works well for business travelers but one big shortfall is the Airline check-in PC's in the lobby do not support any of the major browser options and I was unable to check in for my flight or print my boarding pass. I did not have this problem at recent stays at Residence Inn so not sure what's up with this property and their choice of internet provider. This is a major deterrant to my selection of Courtyard for upcoming business travel. Other than that inconvenience, the room was very nice and as you would expect from Courtyard. The breakfast offerings were also very good

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Saint Landry, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband recently made a trip to Fort Worth and were going to stay at the Courtyard, but when I called and talked with desk clerk, he told me that there was a handicap room available and the rate was $119. I told him my husband was disabled veteran and he said that the rate for the room would be much higher because their government rates ran higher. My husband and I have been to several motels and NEVER has the rate ever been higher much less much higher. We were tired and decided we would just go ahead and stay, but then when I asked if we could reserve the room, he said no I would have to hang up and call the reservation line. Needless to say. we ended up going to another hotel which was the best thing that we could have done. This is why I rate this hotel one star.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JebDeb A
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Good afternoon, I am very sorry you felt like the front desk clerk was not helpful. He was correct in what he said as the Per Diem rates for Government and Military is set by the Gov, not us. The rate they have set for our county is $139 per night. This is the rate that Gov employees, officials and military pay. On certain days we have our rates lower than what the Gov Per Diam is and on those days we are going to offer you the best rate available.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, very nice rooms, unfortunately no complimentary breakfast, but all in all nice hotel, surrounded by tons of shopping places including the Parks mall. The only problem it was a little hard to find but there was a nice pool outside, hot tub inside, exercise room, wifi, and another area you could sit and smoke or have an enjoying conversation.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Good morning and Thank You for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Arlington South. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and you are correct we have plenty of shopping in the area. I'm not sure you got to all of the shopping at the Parks Mall, Arlington Highlands and the Outlet Mall just a couple miles away. If you did then great job, if you missed any of them it gives you an opportunity next time in town. Again, thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day.
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had our onstar service book this hotel for us because we were looking for a jacuzzi tub in the room & had no way of searching since we were on the road. Well I want you to know how well your employees spoke to our onstar rep & us. She had to answer several questions twice. Once for onstar & once for me & never seemed annoyed to repeat herself. The room was beyond comfortable & very affordable. Because of the way we were treated we will come back to this hotel every time we are the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The hotel was clean & like I said earlier the staff went above & beyond for us.

Room Tip: They offer 2 jacuzzi rooms, ours was a 1 bedroom with a balcony. The room was huge & our price w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Weazy123
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Good morning and thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor. We appriciate the feedback and letting others know about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you will be joining us again when in the Arlington area. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again. Safe travels.