“Why bother being Platnium at Marriott” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Dallas Arlington South
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Oceanside, California, USA
“Why bother being Platnium at Marriott”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hotel property is nice, clean and staff is pleasant. HOWEVER , lifetime Platnium member staying on points. Instead of room on quite side of hotel with courtyard i am overlooking a freeway for 4 days. My profile specifically requests a nice view. I do look at parking lots at home. i definetly do not want to when i travel 80 Plus nights per year. I called and asked the hotel prior to arrival for a view/quite side room.

Room Tip: Try Sheraton
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Good morning, I would like to apologize for not meeting your needs. I certainly understand being upset if you called and requested a certain room and then did not receive it. We do try to put our Platinum guests in our best rooms available. I am very sorry that we did not execute properly with our choice for your room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a recent business trip. The rooms were wonderful, very spacious, clean and perfect for a business stay. Had a little wet bar area with fridge, large desk to work at and separate sitting area to relax or watch TV. Best of all was the bed was very comfortable, especially after a long day at work.
The lobby had a sitting area with couches and a large screen TV in case you wanted to chill outside your room. Also, there was a small dining area that served breakfast, lunch and dinner in case you didn't want to go out. Check in/out was easy, front desk help very friendly and excellent value. Exactly what you look for when you're away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Good morning and thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It was very nice of you to give us such a good review and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please look us up again if your travels bring you back to the Arlington area, we would love to have you again. Have a wonderful day.
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Reception staff were very accommodating and took care of all our needs. Rooms were very clean and cleaning staff pleasant. After our other hotel had over booked. we called our travel agent Sherri Hall from Tip Guy and she helped us find this complex that was nicer. Good location between Arlington and Dallas attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good morning, I'd like to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I guess it was lucky for us that the other hotel was over booked. I hope if your plans every bring you back to Arlington you will look at staying at our hotel again. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

One of my most accommodating hotel experiences ever!! After my busy Thanksgiving holiday and driving 7 hours with another 7 hours to go my family and I decided to stop in Arlington and stay at the Courtyard. It was 4 am and I was pleasantly welcomed and quickly got a room. I can't remember the guy's name (reception desk) but he was so professional! He offered me late check out and also told me the breakfast hours. My room was very clean and my stay was comfortable and amazing. I would stay here in a heartbeat again. Thank You Courtyard. You never let me down!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor, room 309. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Good afternoon and thank you so much for the kind words of our hotel. The desk person's name is Neven and I will certainly print out the comments and show him. Please let us know if you are coming back through the city again as we would love to have you stay with us. Have a wonderful day.
El Dorado KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our group stayed here for two nights for work. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and beautiful, and the price was very reasonable. There is lots of shopping and dining in the area, which makes the stay even better!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for your comments on the hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the staff and let them know. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Planning a party from 2000 miles away is a challenge, but Courtyard made it easy for me. (We had 6 family members with birthdays and an anniversary to celebrate while I was in town.) Since I was the only one coming from out of town, I booked a room at the Courtyard and had the other family members meet me there for a pizza party with birthday cake, ice cream and presents. The front desk staff was so helpful with where to set up, who to call for pizza, directing the guests and even cleanup. This was my second time staying at this particular location and I will definitely be going back when I visit Arlington again. This event was effortless!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words of the hotel and thank you for choosing our hotel for your celebrations. I'm glad you had the chance to spend such great times with family and friends. I will certainly pass on the nice words to the staff and let them know. Thank you and please let us know next time you are coming to Arlington. Have a wonderful day.
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This property offers the updated Courtyard brand lobby and reception area. This design works well for business travelers but one big shortfall is the Airline check-in PC's in the lobby do not support any of the major browser options and I was unable to check in for my flight or print my boarding pass. I did not have this problem at recent stays at Residence Inn so not sure what's up with this property and their choice of internet provider. This is a major deterrant to my selection of Courtyard for upcoming business travel. Other than that inconvenience, the room was very nice and as you would expect from Courtyard. The breakfast offerings were also very good

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business