“Quiet and convenience in the middle of a busy Metroplex”

Courtyard Dallas Arlington South
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent four nights here while visiting our son and daughter-in-law, who live about a mile away. Great location -- less than a mile from two Interstate 20 interchanges, next door to a regional shopping mall, 15 minutes from AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Park, 20 minutes to downtown Fort Worth and 30 minutes to downtown Dallas. Yet it's buffered from I-20 traffic by a larger building (a hospital with emergency room) and by a small park and single-family residential on the other side, so noise is not an issue. The usual excellent layout and cleanliness that we've come to expect from Courtyard properties. The problems with the room: One of the two queen beds had a mattress that sagged some in the middle, and one of the towel-rack bars had been cut too short, so that it fell, clanging loudly to the floor, more than once during our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the north side of the building, which is the one facing away from the interstate and overloo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will get with our Engineering team to ensure that all of the towel bars in rooms are adjusted and tight on the wall. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as a guest again. Have a wonderful day.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dallas Arlington South

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Courtyard in Arlington was located off the highway on a frontage road which suited us well. There was no traffic noise and it was convenient to shopping and dining. We could walk to both and get any level of each. There was a small pool with nice furniture. It also had a fire place outside. The staff was helpful and friendly, printing off a map for a restaurant we wanted to drive to. We also got a late checkout without any trouble at all. The room was large and very clean. There were a couple of places where the wall paper was not adhering to the wall all the way, but it looked recently replaced. The bathroom was large and had a full length mirror. The tub was large and had a seat at one end. We stayed on the 4th floor (top) so we could not hear any noise of people walking above. We have always found that to be a good policy no matter where we go. Breakfast is available, but not free. It is ala carte. So we did not opt to do that. We enjoyed visiting our son and staying at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good afternoon and thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever near us again we would love to have you again. Again thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel was very clean, nice room. Room was very quiet and well appointed. Internet service was complimentary. Aveda products in the bathroom was a bonus! Employees at the front desk were very cordial and helpful. Great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Good morning and thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We love to hear feedback about the hotel and how people enjoyed their stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly let the associates know about your comments. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March for 16 days. It was a comfortable stay with nothing to complain about.
We had no breakfast as we prepared our own in the room with the microwave available and the coffee maker.
There are a couple of things I would mention; one is that the flooring is thin and made of wood and does squeak. You can hear the people walking about in the room above us, but for 16 days we could take it for a few minutes a day and that was not a real problem, I am not sure about times other than March which is a low season in Arlington! The other thing is that the water pressure in the shower could be a just a little more, though it was good enough. BUT, these two minor complaints did not affect my stay and i really had a comfortable stay.
All in all, an excellent place to stay, excellent location and a polite and helpful front desk staff.

Room Tip: I only stayed there once, but a top floor room will have reduced noise from people walking about on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Good afternoon and thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the comments to let us know how we are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I used Marriott because I had a gift card. It was a one night stay. The desk clerk blew me off when I couldn't get my laptop on the wifi. The bathroom stopper didn't work - wouldn't stay open for showering. The towel rack kept falling apart. The coffee maker didn't work - pour a whole carafe of water in and only got 1 cup brewed coffee instead of 5. There were no disposable cups to use. Since most of this occurred the morning of my check out there was no use in doing anything except handing a list to the desk clerk when I checked out. There was no free breakfast either.....which most everyone else does.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Good afternoon and thank you for your review of the hotel. I will certainly look into the items that were not working and ensure they are in good condition. Courtyard is a brand that does not have a complimentary breakfast however if that is something you are looking for we also offer the Residence Inn next door that does include breakfast. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked our hotel after staying there last November. We were impressed then with the hotel and it's staff and they didn't let us down. Jose, at the front desk, stopped his chores and helped us find our concert location and told us how to get right to the door. Yeah Jose! We are still talking about the simple map he drew(and it was right on the money!). So much for GPS and Map quest. We'll be back....By the way, Room 307 is THE room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Good afternoon, thank you so much for putting your comments up on the site. I really do love to hear about our guests stays and how everything went. I am very happy that Jose did a great job with customer service and I will certainly show him your comments. Thanks for staying with us and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We booked over 60 rooms nights for an event at what we were told was a discounted rate. I found out later from friends that came up that day that they got a rate $16 less than ours. That translates into almost $1000 we were overcharged. We were also told we would have access to a shuttle which was the whole reason we picked this hotel. That did not end up being the case. The front desk staff was uncooperative and unhelpful almost every time I tried to talk to them. The layout of the hotel was frustrating. There is one elevator and it is in the back corner so you feel lost in a maze walking around the place. It certainly wasn't worth what we paid for it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Kane K, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Good afternoon, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Can I ask what group you were with so I can look into it? I'm curious because the comments about the elevator. We have two elevators only feet away from the main lobby and the layout of the hotel is a straight line. Thank you.