“Do not stay roaches and a nasty front desk person name kelly”

Extended Stay America - Arlington
Ranked #46 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Unfortunately the stay was really disappointed. Two of the front desk girls where awesome helped with whatever needed to be done really friendly manager did a great job with the situation with roaches. But there is one person that made our stay so complicated dontknow why and really dont care at this point. Ur stay was a longer stay and she checked us out before our time. Schedule our room for some other people and couldnt accomated us. basically kicked us out before. All because of her low work ethic. Ms. Kelly was always with an attitude seens the first day we saw her unfortunately they need to find her another job. People that treat others with no respect not knowing situations need to get out of what there doing so they can be happy. Becareful of coming here to stay you never know if Kelly wakes up with an attitude or maybe your face is not pleasing to her and leaves you sleeping in the streets with the comment oh!! yeah is because we dont have any rooms when your paying and been staying there for a time.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that one of our staff members did not attend to your needs properly. Please accept our apologies. I met with our entire staff to review their responsibilities and also to coach them on how to provide better customer service in the future. As well, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. Our housekeeping staff is working to improve our cleaning efforts moving forward to ensure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Ok, so i booked this hotel for just an one night stay on the same day and could not be happier to be able to get it through pricline with a great price! As i was staying with Extended Stay America many times before, i thought i would have got another pleasant experience as before but this one is a unforgetable in a horrible way! I was put in a non-smoking room but at the second i open the door, i could not stand but sneezing non stop because the room smells so bad. Everything else is acceptable for the price in paid. But then, at 2:30 in the morning, i heard someone tried to open the door, i ignored it thinking it was the room next door, but all the sudden the door opened. Luckily i have carefully locked the upper lock so the lady that tried to get in my rolm could not open all the way out. Oh Lord i was scared to death as i was a lady staying by my self at a hotel. The lady then walked away but i could not go back to sleep. I called the front desk asking for some help and explanation but the lady who picked up the phone said she had no idea what happened and how the lady could open the door. I then asked if she could have somebody go check out at my room but she then refused and said she was jusy the laundry person and could not do anything, if i want to change to another room, i have to walk to the front desk for her to be anle to help me. Man, i was freaking out, how can i open the door and walk my self to the lobby while the building im staying at is a different building with the one the lobby at, and it's 3:00 am in the morning??!! Hopelessly seeking some help from the hotel, i had to called my friend out, he then escorted me out to the lobby, we called the phone, the same lady picked up, we asked her to open the door to give her back the key room, she could not hesitate to open the door for apologize or whatsoever instead telling us that we just leave the key in the room... WTH???! we then had to leave the key in the phone box, speechless to the bad bad customer service. I was running around looking for a place to stay exhaustedly. The morning after that, i came back to talk to the manager but he was not there, so the one at the front desk explained that the incidence happpened because of some kind of miscommunication between them, She told that that lady was staying the night before me and she came back trying to get back in the room but could not remember which room she was in, and the laundry lady mistakenly gave her my key room. She tried to say that it was a nice lady. I was like oh ok, i do not care how nice she is, all i know is you guys gave somebody access to my room at the middle of the night and it is unacceptable. I then asked for the return. I had to called priceline and explain to them what happened. Im now waiting for the money to be back in my account. But this will be the last time i stay with extended stay. So unsafe!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was a value for the price of $52/night. All the vending machines were broken and taking money. Lots of large beetles on the lower level, so Id suggest getting a 2nd level room if you don't like large black bugs. No Kleenex or room amenities (shampoo, lotion, shower cap) are provided. According to the ad in the bathroom; if you are not staying more than 7 days; light room service is provided for a cost. I have never stayed at a hotel that does not check your at least every other day. My stay was for 4 days but I checked out after night two.

Room Tip: There is no pool, but guest can go to the partner location that is closer to six flags on Lamar.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenmitche9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Ken - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying out guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Once again the human errors hurts this rating not the grounds or rooms the cleaning after guests leave not a good job. I called ahead 2 hours they said let me have housekeeping make sure your room is ready and WOW her perception of clean blew me away.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Southerneyez
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for housekeeping not having the room cleaned up to your or our standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have setup a meeting to discuss this issue with all of my housekeepers, to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at nal@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Their accommodation is the greatest, I will recommend them to all that are looking for a place to stay while they are in the Dallas area. Extended Stay Of America, it's location is convent to all sort of travel plane, train, and automobile.

Room Tip: Any room you pick is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 360KevinH
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The first red flag was the roach bait/ traps in the closet. But, I didn't see any live ones so, I just assumed it was just for preventative.

I stayed here for 11 nights. The first 4 days, I didn't see any roaches. On the fifth day one ran across the kitchen floor. I nearly had a heart attack! It was a big one! Maybe 1"-1.5" inches long. I killed it and didn't see any for a couple days. So, I thought it was a fluke. I'm not a big complainer so, I didn't say anything to the front desk. A few days later, I saw one in the bathroom running on top of the sink. I tried to hit it with my shoe but it went down the sink drain. So I ran the water for a few minutes. After that I check the rest of the room. Upon further inspection I noticed more roach bait/ traps. The one in closet I mention earlier and two under the bathroom sink. I also found a couple dead roaches in the kitchen cabinets. I felt this is now reason for concern. So, I talked to the front desk.

I asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't in. I left a message for him to call me. I specifically left my cell phone number because I knew the number they had on file was my home number. I waited all day. I never got a call. The next day I went down to the front desk again. I spoke to the same lady. I told her nobody called me. She asked me what the issue was, but there was another customer in the lobby. I didn't want to alarm them so I wrote it down on a comment card. Later that day the lady at the front desk, which I spoke to, called me and said she will have maintenance spray the room and she will comp me for my remaining two nights. I asked her if she could do more. We finally agreed on three nights.

Upon check out, the manager was finally in. I spoke to him and told him the issue. He said he just read my comment card and was aware of my issue. He asked me if the clerk offered to change my room but she didn't.

Besides the roach problem, this is a below average hotel. The room I stayed in was not very clean. There was dirt on the floors and carpet. Even when the room was cleaned, it’s not cleaned well. It still was not vacuumed and the floors were not swept. Which it stated it would be for the number of nights that I stayed. There were stains on the carpet as well. I kept my shoes on the entire time. I will never stay in this hotel again. Not only poor quality of my room but bad management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank fang0026

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My family and I stayed here for the majority of this month waiting to close on our home. The hotel receptionists Isamar and Kelly were great. They both provided excellent services. Made our stayed great. Very friendly. every morning for breakfast we would always have good conversations. The only thing I would like to see Change are the tv channel selections maybe Bravotv for me lol and Nickjr for my 4yr old but that's not a biggy we made it through with Netflix. I say great place and friendly workers. Hotel worth it for the price. Definitely will stay again if we need too.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank husna22
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff was successful in making you feel so welcomed. They have a goal of providing every guest with a home away from home experience; its great to hear they accomplished that goal. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.