“ok stay”

Ranked #15 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Elgin
“ok stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for work. Rooms clean, bed comfortable. Had a chaise, which was better than a regular chair. Breakfast very basic, cereal, green bananas, toast, juice. Better to go elsewhere for breakfast. Restaurant advertised is more a bar with bar food only.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Denton
Reviewed 15 May 2014

What can I say about the Blue Cypress Hotel other than it truly is one of my very favorite hotels of all time and the staff is exceptional. EVERYONE smiles ... all the time! Every May I attend a homeschool book fair, and although I live close by, I stay in a hotel. I've stayed at the Sheraton, La Quinta, Howard Johnson, and 2 others in the area. I've never stayed in the same hotel twice - as I've never been all that impressed. Last May was my first visit to The Blue Cypress.....I was there for 3 days. I was SO impressed that I made sure it's where I stayed this year for the same convention. Because it is so nice and relaxing, I actually extended my stay one more day (once I got there) just to have some "down time"!!!! Not only is every member of the staff extremely friendly, but the cleanliness of the hotel is top notch. I will say that I am a clean/neat freak - and to walk into this hotel, no matter the time of day/night, and not feel like I can't touch anything, is relaxing to me! It doesn't have the scent of cleaning products .... it's the scent of a clean place.

My room had a refrigerator, microwave, extra outlets in the base of all the lamps, a desk, blow dryer, ironing board and iron. What more can you ask for? The bedding is amazingly comfortable. Going from a Sleep Number bed to a regular one can be difficult - but the beds I've slept on here are terrific! I didn't even bring my own pillow this time.

Their continental breakfast is stocked with enough to satisfy anyone. Even my extremely picky eater would have found something .... had I let him come with me!

Enjoy your stay......you can't go wrong with Blue Cypress!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Arlington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Pretty nice, though typical, mid-level type motel. Excellent location for Six Flags, Sports, and Arlington Convention Center. Nice indoor pool for kids, though Hot Tub was under construction at this time. Looked like they had a nice selection of work-out equipment. Complimentary breakfast with waffles, but wish the breakfast was served a little longer for weekend relaxation. Closed at 9am. Didn't use bar or restaurant on site. Had no maintenance or housekeeping problems.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Belton, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night after a Rangers game. It is very convenient to The Ball Park, Cowboy Stadium, and 6 Flags. There is a Dillard's outlet near too, and very close to the airport.
It is very clean, staff is great, and quiet. The four stars are because the beds are doubles. It is almost impossible to sleep in a double after you've slept in a king. There are two beds so next time we'd split up so we could sleep better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Somerset
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We booked this hotel for a stop after flying into DFW.
We were pleasantly surprised the hotel is easily seen from the freeway by the row of cypress trees (usefull for a weary traveller).The rooms are clean spacious and modern.The staff were very helpfull.The bar attached is great with a more than adaquate menu.The breakfast was also very good.Great nights sleep. Would stay here again :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billyperkins
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Easily the best hospitality I have ever received at a hotel. I booked through expedia and was way overcharged for the wrong type of room, but Hamida bent over backwards for me and completely remedied the situation. Our hotel room was phenomenal. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite on the top floor and it was the cleanest, most beautiful room I've ever stayed in. The jacuzzi was amazing- the only thing I would say is it would have been nice to have candles :)
To Hamida and the rest of the staff at the Blue Cypress Hotel: thank you for being kind, patient, and considerate. This was the best stay of my life and I guarantee I will be back to Dallas and booking at your hotel. You have a truly wonderful staff and an amazing establishment!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Samantha G
Reviewed 30 March 2014

There were 6 of us on this trip to run a 1/2 marathon at Lone Star Park.
The staff of Blue Cypress made sure we were comfortable from recommending a local restaurant, to making sure we had enough towels and room was comfortable to providing adjoining rooms for "girl time" prepping for the run event.
I will definitely return to see Hamani, Jehan, and the other front desk staff. Great job staff!!

• Stayed March 2014