“Family friendly”

Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Tyler, TX, United States
“Family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Arlington Homewood Suite was a positive experience for my family with young kids. They loved the pool and the breakfast. It was very close to Six Flags which was also great for the kids. The front desk response time for requests (i.e. towels) late at night was quick. There is a general store area. And they have a very quick checkout proccess.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed most parts of our three night stay; however, it could get a little noisy at night with so much going on around the hotel.
The interior is a little dated, but it was very comfortable.
We would return to the HSDA.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Midland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for family vacation, as soon as you walked in it smelt fresh, everything was clean. All the staff was super friendly and very informative. The bed was very comfortable, the kids slept on the sofa bed which was a little uncomfortable due to the bars. Saw 2 baby cockroached but over all the place is clean. Breakfast time was busy, snack bar is expensive, so may wanna bring you own snacks. We will defiently stay at this hotel again in the future. Its one of the closest hotels to six flags, could walk to it easily or a two minute drive. Two resturaunts you could easly walk to in one minute.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at Homewood Suites last week for seven days (birthday, Six Flags and baseball game) and chose to stay there by checking Tripadvisor reviews and it turned out a very pleasant stay.
Did like the hotel, but since my family and me have been to diffrent chains we notice all the similarities in all franchises but anyway, price was good, room was good (matresses were too soft) and the staff was acomodating too.
Since we stayed there for almost a week we got to meet everone, from André that checked us in and changed our room the moment my wife noticed the bathroom was not ok and the room smelled like someone smoked in the toilet.
Mara the Manager also helped me out with some details and Marcela was very good in explaining everything concerning the Troleys to Six Flags, and to the baseball game.
Breakfast was good, but still the same cuisine, same offering, same dishes as other hotel chains, but with much more space to sit and start a nice morning.
Evening Manager Dinner was good too, beer and wine and food served Monday thru Thursday,,, very helpful on our return from Six Flags after a long hot day.
Bottom line liked the hotel and will return again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mara D, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a well-rounded review.

Being that we are so well-equipped for long-term travelers, I am very happy to know that our level of service and accommodations is consistently up to par. We will look forward to providing that same service on your return trip next year!

Have a great week!
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was there for aprox 4 days, in room 208, the arrival was ok, when got into the room it was burning hot, the weather outside was 102, you want to walk into a cool room NOT! Very hot, took a while before the room got cooled. Breakfast is great. Hotel is outdated, too pricy for what you get, Its a Hilton you would expect to get a nice modern hotel NOT! Its pretty old, the carpet is jucky, the comforter not the best, towels had yellow stains, besides that everything was going ok....right until I had to check out, they overcharged me on my credit cards, they couldn't correct the mistake at the moment so I had to wait almost a week for the correction plus another week to get my credit on my card. They didn't offer anything to compensate THEIR mistake. I am constantly traveling and I have stayed and better hotels, better customer service, better prices than this hotel. When you think Hilton you think everything should be A++ NOT my case. Andre tried to correct the problem, Betty made us feel welcomed, but Sammy Rodriguez came across a little arrogant and not friendly at all. Will NOT stay here again.

2 Thank Maydel2014
New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I an a long time Hilton Member, been staying at Hilton Hotels for many years. This could have been our worst experience except for the Staff's help. Our door electronic mechanism was broke & could not be locked without a Master Key. So every time we left the room we had to call the front desk & have the Manager come up. One would wonder why they just did not move us to a different room, got a lot of "I am so sorry" , but the repair man, all the managers & staff where very polite. And yes they reduced our nightly rate when I asked. I would say that this is a great staff working at a very tired hotel. Great location, time for a renovation on the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, third floor had a very loud AC. Also ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mara D, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hello, thank you for your review!

While I do very much regret that you encountered the problem you did, I am delighted that the way it was handled was enough to keep your disposition a positive one. We are constantly taking steps to update our product and improve the guest experience--to offer a product of the same caliber as our service. I greatly appreciate your recognition and appreciation of those strides.

We hope very much to have another chance to serve you when your travels bring you back to the area!
Hallsville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We checked into this hotel after a full day of Six Flags on a hot day. Checked into the hotel @ 4:30 with Andre Thomas & Jocelyn (who was in training & completely ignored the customers in line, could have said he'll be right with you instead of ignoring customers, otherwise you look rude) Went up to our room 401, upon entering I noticed it was hot, so I checked the ac & turned it down. The current temp at this moment was 79*.. Also noticed that the maid svc left the roll away bed inside our room from a previous guest so I have no way of knowing if it was really cleaned. We decided to head down to the pool before getting ready for dinner & since the room was unbearable. Went back up to the room & the temperature actually rose not lowered to 81*. I called down to the front desk to let them know of the ac problem. The mngr Andre Thomas came up, stood on a chair to check if the air was blowing & said he lowered the temp some more & that it wasn't a problem. Really...lowering the temp more isn't going to fix the problem with an ac that is broken. Told him that we could not stay in that room & that we needed a new room with an ac that worked. So I got ready went down to wait in line to find out that he hadn't worked on my problem..said that he couldn't do anything without him calling his manager..Mara Dacon who I spoke to on the phone. I told her that if I couldn't get into another room comparable to ours then they would have to refund our $$. She said she understood & the only polite person I spoke to. The whole time I spoke to Andre Thomas, Jocelyn was rolling her eyes...very unprofessional. Andre Thomas said he had 2 king rooms across the hall from each other. Which would not work for my 10 & 8 year old boys. I said no, that they would have to unauthorized the hold due the fact that once they did the night audit my cc would be charged & we would have to pay for another hotel that night. He said he couldn't do this & he only would if I would make a 3 way call to my bank. Now 2 days later I've been charged $184.75 for a room unfit to stay in! I've called Hilton Honors & this hotel doesn't even follow up with them. We rebooked our hotel that we stayed in Grapevine the night before, having to drive over 25 miles back to an area that we weren't planning to go back to. Very disappointed on how Andre Thomas handled this situation. Could have handled it better with more tact! In my opinion, he needs customer svc training on how to speak to customers as there is far too much competition for hotels out there to treat brand loyal customers like crap!

2 Thank venson12
Hello, we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with our property.

Please allow me to apologize, once again, for the inability of my staff to properly rectify a less than desirable situation. It is our collective as a team to ensure each guest's satisfaction, especially in the case that an incident does, regrettably, occur. I am so sorry to hear that that was not your experience with us, and you can be assured that proper training will be conducted as necessary.

If, at this time, your bank statment does reflect a charge for the night's stay, I encourage you to let me know at your earliest convenience so that we may resolve the issue and ensure the funds are available for your use.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope your opinion of the Hilton brand is not too badly marred.