“Wake up, Arlington, to Peru!!!”
Review of Nustas Cafe - CLOSED

Nustas Cafe
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We discovered this interesting Peruvian restaurant with friends a couple of months ago on a Saturday night, based on a few positive TripAdvisor reviews. The place was busy, the food delicious, and BYOB allowed us to bring a bottle of wine.

So now in Feb. 2013 we returned on a couple of Thursdays, but were amazed at being the only customers in the place! WHY?

Although Nustas is in a strip mall, a nearby, popular (and good) Italian family restaurant was doing a brisk business. Nustas is moderate in "price" and intimate in size -- but big in terms of menu choices, food authenticity, flavor, knowledgeable service, and presentation. It is clean, comfortable, and decorated with appropriate hints of S. American culture.

I encourage anyone in the DFW area interested in sampling food that is "different", but delicious, to try this place. Even though it has received high marks from reviewers and TripAdv members, I am concerned this gem needs to be "discovered" so it can grow, prosper, and continue providing a delicious, reasonably priced alternative to TexMex and other area cuisines.

Check it out at http://www.nustascafe.com/

1  Thank gr8uncphil

Reviewed 4 February 2013

The food is wonderful-service helpful and very charming! BYOB-small menu but everything is very tasty- worth the wait!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Our adventure night and why not try Peruvian.
Wait staff was very accommodating ( 1 person).
Food was great.
Music a little loud.
All in all a fun
/different place. Worth a try.

1  Thank glkincade
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We have been twice and will definitely be back, not a bad dish in the house!

1  Thank Pdxgirl817
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Wow, this place has good food!
After we ordered we were brought some chips and an amazing green sauce. I can't get enough of this sauce! I also ordered a chicha morada and it is very yummy and refreshing.
We started with the trio appetizer. One of the items normally on the trio wasn't available so we subbed with the wontons, which were delicious. This also came with more good sauces. One in particular was made with passion fruit and I couldn't stop eating that one either.
My husband ordered the picante mariscos, which had a nice sauce that reminded us of an Indian curry, of all things. I ordered the lomo saltado which is just good comfort food, in my opinion. I could taste a hint of the Asian influence in Peruvian food in the sauce with that dish. Soooo good!
For dessert we each had two new items, both frozen and I can't remember the name of either of them. But one was made with passion fruit and the other had a flavor a lot like butterscotch. And both were fantasic.
Everything we ordered was beautifully presented and the service is very friendly and relaxing. We'll definitely be returning here.

2  Thank goddess0063