“Needs updating but we liked it”

Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites
Ranked #22 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
San Antonio, Texas
“Needs updating but we liked it”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We just stayed one night here but we enjoyed our stay. The service at the front desk was spectacular! I was in awe! The hotel is very old and needs updating but it was not dirty. You could tell they work very hard at keeping the hotel clean. The rooms were spotless. Once this hotel decides to update it will be a 5 star all the way. Good job Crown Plaza!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Stirling
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here when we arrived at Dallas Fort Worth airport as we were doing some sightseeing in the area. We chose this particular hotel as we had booked a visit to A T & T Stadium which is close by.
We had a bit of difficulty finding the hotel using our GPS. Although the hotel is situated next to the interstate, there is no direct access from there. However, once we knew where the entrance was, it wasn't a problem after that.
We weren't greeted as IHG Rewards members but the staff were friendly and welcoming. The lay out of the hotel was something I have only found in the United States where the rooms are off a corridor which overlooks the interior of the hotel. The room itself was very spacious with the bedroom separate from the living area. I think this would be very good if someone wanted to go to bed but others wanted to watch television.
We ate in the Equinox Bar & Grill both nights we were there and the menu and quality of food was very good. Jason, the barman, was very friendly. On the second night, Gary Sinese walked in. He seemed to be having a business meeting so I didn't go over to him.
Breakfast was the usual buffet which we found suited our needs .
Overall, I'm glad I chose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StirlingMorgan
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were there to attend Special Olympics state games at UTA. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel. I really enjoyed the text message service as well. Very up to date! Anything we needed they were always willing to assist.

Room Tip: Double beds with a pull out sofa sleeper really good for families.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Springhill, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is conveniently located near DFW airport. They offer free parking of your personal car, and they provide shuttle service to and from the airport. You may leave your car parked there as long as you like (ours was almost two weeks). The staff is great, and the suite we had for a couple of nights was perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a full suite. We stayed two nights before our departure for a cruise, and the sui...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. We travel and stay at this hotel yearly with a group for events every May in Arlington. The staff has predominantly been very helpful and friendly and accommodations have generally been very good through the years. However, this time when we arrived I was appalled by the filthy upholstery in the hotel room. There were numerous crusty stains on the back of the sofa. The arms of both the pull-out sofa and chair were also covered with grime.

The upholstery was not worn, just dirty. This could have been solved by a good upholstery cleaning which I requested the first night. I told no less that five people, including housekeeping staff and front desk staff over the course of the five days. I complained every day we stayed there. Each day when we returned to the hotel I found there was never anything done to resolve the problem including up to checkout. Staff provided flat sheets that I draped over the furniture so we wouldn't have to be in contact with the grime and stains.

I have a hard time believing that a hotel of this size does not own a steam cleaning machine or upholstery cleaner so that staff could periodically clean the furniture! Avoid room 210.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Stacey S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Although, there is certainly no excuse for our inability to properly clean your room. That is one of our very basic ‘level of services’ that we provide to our guests. Let me assure you that your experience does not represent the quality and service we are known to provide. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience. Please give us another chance to ‘wow’ you on your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Arlington!
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My first time staying here and I loved it. They have extremely friendly staff. The room's are very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Dallas. I would definitely recommend my friends and family to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On my recent stay to the hotel I found the service exceptional. Any request that I had they did their best to fulfill. Being from out of town I relied on their opinions and suggestions and they did not disappoint. The hotel was 10 minutes from everything we had planned which was a BIG help. Plus they had a shuttle. We found that we were halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth so we could enjoy both.
The rooms were clean and had lots of space for our family of four. I plan to stay here every time we come to Dallas or Fort Worth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family