“Something Unique But Good”
Review of Potager Cafe - CLOSED

Potager Cafe
Description: Local and fresh ingredients highlighted. Different menu daily, based on available local market. Fabulous food. Small place. Come early or risk missing a taste of everything. It's a "pay what you think it's worth" kind of place. Recent visit, there was slow-braised beef, couscous with fresh herbs and lemon, mushroom and gruyere quiche, roasted root vegetables, and a killer beet and sweet potato soup. Delicious!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I arrived with a friend here for lunch. They mostly have soups, bread, and dessert. We both ordered a meat soup, French bread, and a slice of cranberry pie. It's interesting since you grab your own silverware and pay want you want to pay. They have a recommended price menu. The soup was good and the cranberry pie was very good. Later, we shared a slice of lemon cake which was very good also. We paid slightly more than $20 and left. Their menu changes every day.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It's not just food, it's the whole experience. It's not just fresh locally grown, wholesome tasty dishes, it's the warm, caring, mindful people. This is a true gem, a real find and if you happen to go on a day when Essie the Blues Lady is serenading diners, your soul will be touched.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Fresh to the max. I found Potager on Trip Advisor (but they are not open for dinner on Wednesdays), and when I got to Arlington I learned my adult daughter had already discovered this gem and wanted her parents to have the experience. We delayed the next leg of our trip in order to take her to lunch. Oh wow. Every "wow!" I saw in reviews was true, except the board with the day's offering did not have suggested pricing. We thought it was worth more than an average lunch, and dropped our anonymous payment in the can, per instructions. We got a portion of each unique option (included tomato soup, fish lettuce taco, brown rice, fresh mushroom quiche with tasty cheese, brown rice, salad) and went back for seconds on some. We heard the chef say one of the recipes came from something he saw on TV the night before. How cool is that? The eclectic assortment of plates and glassware added extra flavor to the adventure. The experience at Potager exceeded expectations, even after reading the rave reviews

1  Thank SeekingSpeakingValue
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I wrote a full review of this over here at this blog (http://dallas.todaysmama.com/2011/03/potager-cafe-an-arlington-gem/), but I'll just say I LOVE this place. They respect people and food, and their quirkiness permeates the community in a good way.

1  Thank Annie H
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This is one my FAVORITE restaurants! The atmosphere is homey and comforting. The portions are based off how hungry you are and you can get seconds. It is a cash only restaurant. food is always delicious and the owner/chef is such a sweet lady. Their valentine's day dinner (reserve ahead of time) is incredible and tastefully romantic. Friends, family or date night, it's a wonderful place. I don't recommend it for groups of 7 or more, it's a small, intimate place.

1  Thank live_deliciously