“Top O'Hill Terrace - Top History Attraction”
Review of Top O'Hill Terrace

Top O'Hill Terrace
Ranked #2 of 47 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: "Known As Vegas Before Vegas" Decorative wrought iron gates flanked by native sandstone guard towers lend an aura of mystery of mystery and intrigue to the location of what was in the 1930s and 40s, a gambling ground rich and adventurous, mischievous,famous and infamous.
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top O'Hill Terrace - Top History Attraction”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have lived in the DFW metroplex most of my life and never new Top O'Hill Terrace existed until just a few weeks ago, when my brother mentioned he had taken the Top O'Hill Terrace tour in Arlington and found it absolutely fascinating. So fascinating that he booked another tour for our entire extended family to go see it, AND his family again!. We all had a fabulous time. Vivian is an absolute delight and probably the funniest Preacher's Wife you will ever meet. The presentation was very well done and extremely interesting. I had no idea Arlington, had been Vegas, before it was Vegas! And it really was. Lots of very famous and infamouse characters passed through those halls, tunnels and grounds. I do wish more of the area had been excavated to reveal treasures and tunnels lost to time, however the tour was great overall and I would highly recommend visitors to North Texas swing by and take the tour. They currently ask for just a 5$ donation for the tour, but once you see the incredibly history of the place, you'll probably donate more like we did. If you have any memories, pictures, stories, or memerobilia from the early days of Top O'Hill Terrace, be sure and bring them to show off and help share the history of this richly historical place. //CB

2 Thank Craig B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You have to go if you're in the area!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

There is no telling how many times in my life I have driven past Top O’ Hill Terrace and had no idea what actually happened here. If you love Gangsters, Cowboys, Outlaws, and everything else in-between then you want to go take a tour. There are very few places that I’ve been that have this much history and such a unique story. If you are anywhere close then you will want to come by and get a tour. Not bad for a suggested $5.00 donation.

3 Thank Nathan E
Arlington, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Educational and inspirational "must see" tour.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my second tour. I live in Arlington and I love history. Top O' Hill Terrace needs to be rediscovered by America. It's also a very inspirational story, but, I don't want to give too much away - just go!

3 Thank skfender
Dallas, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Intersting-unexpected”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went and visited this after viewing it's existence on Trip Advisor. My husband had grown up in Arlington and we have both lived in Texas all our lives and did not know about this place and it's unique history. It was a beautiful day and a gorgeous campus. The history was interesting in it's irony and nostalgic look back at a glamorous infamous time in history.

2 Thank cherlyn_burton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“How Vegas got it's roots”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

You would be amazed about tbe rich history that one day will be lost with the generation from the past. Who's who of the late 1920's and early 1930's spent time on the grounds of what is known as Arlington Baptist College. From Frank Sanantra to Bonnie and Clyde. This is a must see if you are in town.

Visited March 2014