“Good place for the money”

Ranked #40 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We chose to stay here for a family trip to Six Flags knowing it would only be a place we would be sleeping and then we'd be out to the park. The price was great especially with AARP memebers in our party. The rooms are small with double beds but the rooms were clean and adequate for our needs. Room temperature was nice and cold and we had no problems adjusting. The bathroom was clean and updated with good water pressure and hot water. The breakfast was good but being a busy hotel, we had to wait for various things to be replenished when they ran out - however, never a long wait for those items. There were hot breakfast items (eggs, bacon, etc), waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereals, juices, coffee, and milk. The pool was outdoor but clean and water temperature was nice.
I would recommend this place for easy access to the parks and stadiums. It is not a fancy hotel but served our needs well and was pleasant overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki J
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Vicki J,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Drove in from Corpus Christi just wanting to lay my head down and sleep. No trouble getting into the room. Only issue was the Lock with the card swipe. Was hard to open. Let staff know and was going to fix as soon as possible. Hotel did come with free wi-fi but it was down. Was the only downfall really. Our room was well kept. Bed was cozy. Awesome distance to the ball park and football stadium.

Room Tip: If you want to feel roomy, get the double queen. Single queen room a bit small.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adolfo G
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Adolfo,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I found a reeeeeaaaaaaallllllllly good deal per night at this hotel so I was not expecting much. I just wanted somewhere good where we could sleep and get ready during our less than than 36 hr long trip to Arlington. This definitely did the trick. We checked in at 1 am on a Monday night and that went smooth, checked out at 5 am on Wednesday by leaving our key in the room and out we went. It's right next to a highway which was good for quick access to other places in Dallas and the airport.
There is free breakfast from 6:30 am to 10 am I believe, but we didn't get the worm because we were not early birds. ha
The rooms are very small, with your vanity right outside the bathroom door and the bathroom had just enough space for a bathtub and toilet.
The rooms are newly renovated and look nice with all the modern finishings, carpet, granite counter top, bathroom fixtures, paint, tile floors, bed linens, new furniture (desk, closet, nightstands), etc. Also our room had a mini fridge and microwave, which we didn't use either.
One thing we found odd was that the TV wouldn't turn on the first night, upon closer inspection, it wasn't plugged in! I guess we were the 1st to use it?!
The housekeeping was good on the only day we came back, they set out fresh towels, made the bed, and took the trash. -our room was as good as the beginning.
The one thing I have to say is that I wish they paid closer attention to cleaning, the tub could have used a better wash.
The morning we were getting ready to leave, there was a cricket in the light fixture above the bathroom sink vanity. I don't think it was there the whole time we were, but I still wonder how it even got in there because we were on the 1st floor of a 2 story building.
All in all, I would say this is good for a quick trip and if you can get a good deal, I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie A
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Stephanie A,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pretty much of a letdown. Upon arrival, we had to guess where the office was because there weren't any signs. This is a rather large hotel and a first surprise was that there is only one (1) ice machine for the entire guest rooms. The office and check-in desk is not open 24/7 as most hotel office's are. In my humble opinion, this is unacceptable. Rooms are average, but just barely. Ours did not have any hand soap at the sink. The grab bar in the shower has loose fittings and the bathroom door sticks and has paint chipping off. The room key had a hard time unlocking the door and the door itself sticks when closing. This hotel is close to railroad tracks and my wife told me she heard at least one train during the night blowing its whistle. The property is old and the second floor landing was at an angle at the stair junction. While it is very close to both professional sports parks (football & baseball), if you're looking for newer accomodations, i'd suggest finding another property. There are numerous in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Gary W,
Dear Gary,

Best,
Ravi Patel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family came to the area to go to a Rangers game. When we walked in there was a young man working the front and a room full of people waiting. The senior clerk, Ravi, walked in and gave one of the couples waiting in front of us a difficult time. He then yelled at the young clerk, through something on the counter, and stated money was going to be taken from his check. Their excuse for difficulties was that management had changed a month earlier. My air conditioner did not work very well. If you leave it on cool all day then you will be fine. I turned mine off in the morning as we left. When we came back in the evening it took about two hours to cool down. My fridge did not work. There is only one ice machine for the facility, which did not work. Rooms are really small. There is not very much personal space. If you have kids that need a little room to move around I do not recommend this place. On the other hand, everything in my parents room worked fine. I don't plan to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Remember this is located near family attractions, so if you're looking for quiet it is probably...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amanda C,

We hope you enjoyed the Rangers game. I do apologize for your A/C unit acting up, we will fix it right away. We do apologize you had to see that and hear that from us. But I assure you, Neel did not have anything taken off his check since it was his idea for me to get mad at him because the guest were harassing him all day for a free room. I would love to talk to you and figure out something, which will convince you to give us another chance. We strive for excellence. My phone number is 817 649 0147.

Best,
Front Desk Manager
Ravi Patel

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here during Dallas Comic Con 2014 to save the drive from West Fort Worth all 3 days and it is a amazing hotel. 20 mins for the airport, 5 mins to Six Flags, AT&T Stadium and Rangers Stadium, and just 10 mins West of Downtown Dallas. Take it from someone that is very familiar with the area, this hotel is a steal. We paid about $180 for the weekend. Cowboys dance hall is just down the road which is great of spending a few hours at after Redneck Heaven drinking Bubba Mugs. The breakfast was quite impressive especially by hotel standards.Different pastries, cereals, juices, but do get there early for it. The area can look a little off putting but the people are actually very friendly there. FYI skip the Jack-in-the-Box across the highway. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

cortezwiley,

Genral Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

They seriously NEVER answer the phone no matter what time or day it is. I hope you never have a question that requires you to call the hotel because you will just get frustrated. Horrible customer service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family