“Very good, reasonable prices and decent service”

Tandoor Indian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #48 of 825 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Went to Tandoor for lunch recently. Relatively busy for lunch, which is a good sign. Good buffet with good selection of fresh Indian cuisine...and for the veggie lovers, some veggie entries. Service was prompt. There is a big glass window where you can view the guy wearing the turban making Naan in the tandoor oven I was pleasantly surprised when the bill came as it was much less than I had expected for similar buffets in Irving, Tx. Overall, very good. I will be back.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We were traveling through Arlington for business and as usual, were looking for a good Indian place to eat at. The fish masala and navtrattan korma we ordered was fantastic. I must note that the rice here is very tasty, in my opinion better than other restaurants we've been to.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

"Authentic" is a funny word as far as ethnic food goes. The very finest Indian restaurants in the US serve food that is like that served at the very finest restaurants in India. It's not home food or street food, but it is authentic, at least in some sense.

That is the kind of authentic that Tandoor is: "fine" north Indian cuisine. Don't be fooled by the less-than-fine-dining decor, the food is tasty. This is the place we take any guests or friends who haven't yet tried Indian food.

If you are newer to Indian food, order a naan and the chicken tikka masala. It's very rich, like the butter chicken at other places. If you want an appetizer, start with the sikh/seekh kebab. If you are more adventuresome, the beef madras and beef vindaloo are both very good. The lamb portion of the menu is also chock-full of tasty choices. Stay away from the fish options; they aren't too fresh.

All-in-all, a delightful Indian restaurant. I wish some of the other local Indian restaurateurs would learn from the Tandoor.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I went for luch with my boyfriend like 10 mins before 2:30pm. we asked ( I think the owner) if they will still get us, they said yes, and charged us the luch buffets for both, and as soon as we grabbed our plates they started picking upthe food!. My bofriend as a business owner got incredibly mad. I think that they should close their restaurant doors at 2:30, but even if the customer comes in at 2:29 they should leave the food until the last customer eats and walks away. Only then they should start picking up.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We had dinner here. The restaurant was not crowded (only three other tables occupied). It is located in a strip mall with an uninspired atmosphere, but really, really good Indian food. We had the Chicken Madras, Chicken Saagwala, stuffed naan and drinks for $30. Quite a good price for the quality of the food. The service was attentive and not obtrusive.