“One of the Last Quiet Restaurants Left in Arlington”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cacharel

Cacharel
Reserve with OpenTable
Cacharel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 796 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: HWY 360
Dallas, Texas
“One of the Last Quiet Restaurants Left in Arlington”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Cacharel is starting to show it's age. We decided to do an early Valentines lunch there and in day light it really looks old and tired. Service was good as ever. Both our baked chicken dishes were dry and rubbery, but the Grand Marnier souffle saved the day! Perfection!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GetawayGalSays

San Antonio, Texas
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was my firts visit, but it is one of my Mothers favorite places to eat to my wife and I took her there for a birthday lunch. They both ordered the three course lunch special, and I got a grilled pork chop with a chipotle sauce. Both of my ladies really enjoyed the lunch special. With regards to my pork chop, it is probably the best cut of pork I have ever had, very very good.

Nathan was our server and provided top notch service. It was a great first time experience there for my wife and I, and we will definately be going back.

• Visited March 2013
North Carolina
“CACHAREL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Highly recommended for its food and atmosphere, but a little disappointing. The greeting by the French Maitre d' was desirable.

The food was very good except for their Caesar salad. They call it classic, I call it from the bottle. The croutons were too small and had no taste. The dressing was not a "classic" one, and it was not prepared at the table as it should have been. If you ever had a "classic" Caesar Salad you know that it has a slight garlic taste, with or without anchovies, tasty croutons and lovely dressing made with a semi-raw egg. This one was none of the above.

The buffalo tenderloin was good, but not great. The chicken w/pecan was quite good and moist. The chocolate souffle was quite good, but not extraordinary as they like to call it. The service was very good, but for the price it should have been impeccable, and it was not.

The wine selection was very good though.

Our guests were cold as the A/C was right over them and nothing was done about it, after 2 requests.

The view is nice overlooking Six Flags, the atmosphere warm and cozy. We went on a Saturday night and they had a guitarist playing which was quite nice.

For the price I would expect a warm welcome, a better service, and improvement of some of their food especially the Caesar salad.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Worth
“Still Hungary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Great place to celebrate a special occasion. New Years Eve has special deals and really a good menu. do not expect to leave full, I stopped at Whataburger afterward as did the other couple we were with.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank BigDogWillie
Erie, Colorado
“Some misses for a place of this caliber and $. Overall very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Let me start with overall we had a very good meal. Food was outstanding. Staff was knowledgable and courteous. Steak and lobster we fantastic.

There were a few misses though:
1) no vintages on wine list. This is a major no-no of a high class place. If I am going to spend $100+ on a bottle, I demand to know the vintage. Get a wine manager and maintain the list and your cellar.
2) Odd delays between sides and entrees. We waited a good 2 min between when the entrees showed up and the side dishes arrived. Should never happen at a place like this.

I would go back, but minor holes keeping this place from greatness.