“Not worth the $8”

Arlington Museum of Art
Ranked #14 of 48 things to do in Arlington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I attended the museum and saw the exhibit about women's baseball. I enjoyed the exhibit, but before I went in, I thought that it was a special exhibit to go along with the museum's permanent exhibits. Much to my surprise, that was the ONLY exhibit in the museum. For $8, I expected to see a lot more.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

attended the special exhibit at the Arlington Museum of Art highlighting Spanish Colonial Art...the exhibit is small and the museum is small but the art was beautifully displayed with easy to read titles....most of the art pieces were on loan from private collections and the Mabee Gerrer Museum of Shawnee, OK...it is religious hand crafted art from Mexico....takes about 45 minutes to see it all...on the 2nd floor is a timeline of Spain's occupation of Mexico...very interesting to read....also not to be missed is on the first floor a selection of art pieces from a recently judged show with the winners being displayed...very interesting to see and experience....also not to be missed is on the roof deck is a collection of pieces provided by "Camera Chicks"...it was an outstanding display and so worth the time to peruse these pieces...these chicks are awesome

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I recently visited the exhibit at the Arlington Museum of the Frank Lloyd Wright home called Samara. The house was built in Indiana for a couple who detailed the entire process of designing, furnishing and completing the project. The exhibit has a lot of details regarding the entire process. It is an excellent view of the behind scenes of what it took to have an original FLW home. The exhibit is not large and can be viewed in about 1 hour or so depending on your interest level. the day I was there a docent Robin started us off with details then let us set out own pace but she was there the whole time answering our questions and pointing out details we might have missed. The exhibit runs through Feb 17th.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have attended a lecture there as well as a couple of exhibits. It's hard for this place to compete with Fort Worth museums but their special exhibits and lectures are nice and worth attending.

2  Thank Lacey C
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Here's the deal. You cannot go to a small museum such as this one and expect it to have the exhibiting power of the DMA or Kimbell. Those museums have millions poured into them in order to make them great (and they are awesome, you should go). But what Arlington offers is a quaint and accessible location for enjoyable art. So maybe it doesn't have any world famos pieces... anyone who truly appreciates art will have a good time. (Plus, we showed up and there was this great book fair going on. I got like 10 books for $6! Bonus!!)

5  Thank Garrett M