“worst Hampton EVER-housekeeping staff are thieves”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South
Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Put me in a handicapped room because that is all they had left, awful hard beds. Housekeeping staff woke me up the next morning by standing outside my door after exiting the elevator and gossiped, giggled, and laughed LOUDLY for 30-45 mins. Second morning they did that I went out to tell them to be quiet, please. Breakfast area with the food was dirty, oatmeal cold, when I used the microwave to warm up the oatmeal the handle and inside the microwave had dried food. Then-this is the part that I am really upset about-I accidently left 3 items of clothing in the closet of my room. Called the front desk clerk to retrieve them and he only found 2 items. Told me not to blame the housekeepers, probably someone in my party had the item-NO ONE HAD THE JACKET! Talked to the manager Tiffany 3 times, she acted like it was no big deal that she had thieves on staff. She told me she talked to the housekeeper who cleaned the room and there was only 2 items in the closet. What is she supposed to say? "Oh I accidently took that jacket home, I will bring it back"??? The whole ordeal is unbelievable. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never encountered theives on staff before. The manager has acted the whole time like it is not a big deal. I am sure they have had people think they had things stolen only to find it later....but this is not the case this time. I probably will try another Hilton brand or Holiday Inn Express from now on. And I paid $200.00 a night for the experience. And the missing jacket issue was never resolved.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South.

We rely on guest feedback to continue to improve our guests experience and appreciate you bringing the housekeeping noise level and room type issues so we can work to correct these issues for your future visits.

We also apprecaite you bringing our lost and found items procedure to our attention so we can re-evaluate our procedures.

We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Arlington.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a very nice hotel with a good location. Our room was very spacious with exceptionally nice furnishings. Our check in and check out experience were very smooth experiences, and the front desk help was so nice, kind and helpful in all that we ask. We did not use the pool, or workout room, but the facilities that we did use were very nice, and well kept up. Lots of eating and shopping close to the hotel, plus it was conveniently located to the Cowboys Stadium, and the Rangers Stadium.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our rooms were very spacious and very clean. The breakfast served was better than the average complimentary one served in most hotels. There was a wide variety and the quality was very good. The whole hotel was clean and accommodating. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I usually stay at higher end Hilton brands, but this hotel is an excellent value. We were in town for a football game at AT&T Stadium, which is about 7 miles directly north. The lobby is nicely decorated and the rooms are extremely large. The staff was nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff was courteous, frindley, and healpful. This made our stay more comfortalbe. My granddaughter left one of her dolls in the room. The staff put it in lost and found and we picked it up the following day. What a great group of people.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We strive to exceed each and every guests expectations and glad we did so in your case.

It was our pleasure keeping your granddaughter's doll until you were able to pick it up, as we know how important a little girl's doll is to her.

We look forward to having you on your future visits to Arlington.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I will always book this hotel from now on. Rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful and were very effiecient. The breakfast the following morning was delicious and plenty of variety to choose from to satisfy everyone in the group.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South!

We strive to go above and beyond each and every guest's expectations. We recently made changes to our breakfast items to improve guest experience, and are estatic that we did so for you during your stay with us.

We look forward to having you on your future visits to Arlington.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was very impressed that when I call the hotel that the individual knew the cardinal directions of the area and was able to guide me directly and simply to the hotel. Also, the facility is very safe and immaculately maintained! The welcome station of coffee and hot chocolate was greatly appreciated and well maintained. Room was perfect and clean! The complimentary breakfast was complete and fresh! The hostess was wonderful in making sure that if anyone needed anything that it was promptly secured and provided! A great place to stay that is safe and secure!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us as we rely heavily on guest feedback to continue exceed guests expectations.

We look forward to having you on your future visits to Arlington!