“Great customer service!”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Arlington several times; specifically, in the spring for the past several years for an annual high school conference. Recently, I (along with a co-sponsor and 13 high school students) stayed at the Hilton Arlington for this very convention. During check-in, I was very pleased with Eric (who was working the front desk). He was not helping us with our check-in. He was helping another customer who appeared quite disgruntled. She was upset that she was going to be staying in a hotel where hundreds of high school students were staying for a convention that week. She was in Arlington on business and did NOT want to be disturbed by these "obnoxious high school kids." Eric did his very best to accommodate her. He handled her politely and with kindness. When she walked away, I told him, "Well, you handled that well....she was CRABBY." He responded with a smile on his face and said, "Thank you. That's what we do here." That was it......he did not engage in negative talk about her or remark on her rudeness.....he just smiled and started working on the next task. What an example of professionalism! I checked out on Tuesday, and arrived home to discover that I had forgotten a shopping bag in my hotel room. The tornadoes had hit Arlington that day, so when I called the Hilton I could only leave a message in the housekeeping department. Josie, in Housekeeping, called me back the next day (Wednesday). However, I missed her call, so she left a message. We "played phone tag" several times, and each time she called, she left a message. Finally, we got to speak to each other and she had found my bag and was mailing it the next day. This does not sound like a very big deal, but it is to me. The items I had bought were very small, wrapped in tissue paper, and were in the bottom of a large shopping bag. To most people, the bag would have appeared empty and, therefore, thrown in the trash. When I mentioned this very point, Josie replied, "Oh, no ma'am. When we find a shopping bag, we make sure it is empty before it is thrown away. If there are items in the bag, they go to Lost & Found." Also, the items I had bought were for my daughters for Easter. Josie made sure that the items made it to my house by FRIDAY, so they could be in the girls' Easter baskets on Sunday. All items arrived in perfect condition. I am so very impressed with the professionalism of Josie. How easy it would have been to just toss the bag in the trash, or keep the items, and state that they had never been found. Josie made my day, and her kind and courteous response to my situation made me feel important.....as did each returned phone call she initally made, only to get my voice mail on the other end. (I REALLY appreciate the fact that she took the time to call me back EVERY time I left a message.) It did not matter that my items were very inexpensive (trinkets, really)....she took to heart that they were important to me and did her best to see that they got to my house safely. Thank you, Josie!! By the way, Josie and Eric deserve raises!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice and clean. It is my understanding that the Hilton is in the process of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

I recall speaking to you on the phone this week, Eric and Josie are stars for us, and I will pass along this note to them. Thank you again and we are glad you and your family were able to enjoy a wonderful holiday!

Hilton Arlington Texas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton in Arlington TX for two weeks during the month March, 2012. I was greeted and assisted as soon as I pulled into the "unloading" area to check in. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in helping me get oriented to the Arlington area. Sean, was even kind enough to find the National Hockey schedule for me. All of the staff at the front desk knew me by first name and greeted me like a VIP guest every time I walked through the lobby.

The dinning room and bar area were also clean and fun atmospheres, thanks to the awesome staff. I enjoyed breakfast each morning in the dinning area and was treated like royaly by Mr. Angel and the rest of the dinning area staff.

I also used the pool and hot tub which I found to be extremely relaxing, never over crowded and again ...clean. I also have the opportunity to use the in room internet service which was easy to connect to and never needed to call for technical assistance, a first for me. The rooms were spacious and kept in excellent condition.

At the Hilton, I was treated like family by all of the staff (front desk, wait staff, housekeeping, and even maintenance). Great location, great facility, excellent service...Thank you to all of the Hilton staff who made my stay in Arlington fun, friendly and educational!!

I look forward to my next trip to the Arlington area and won't hesitate to stay at the Hilton on Lamar again. :)

Room Tip: Laundry area in hotel behind Hilton. Front desk personnel will give directions and change.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristen H

Thank you very much for the nice note and the business! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to all of my team. I am proud to work with such a strong group of individuals.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

What a great experience my stay was at this property. More than I expected. All staff from front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff where extremely helpful and made me feel valued as a customer. Excellent Rooms; quiet and comfortable. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice feedback, we are happy to provide the best service in the DFW area, it is what we are known for! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Staff was very helpful. The front desk staff was very courteous and made sure everything was handled for you.

Great location to restaurants (Salt Grass) and near the Rangers Ballpark & Cowboys Stadium.

Really enjoyed the pool area during the evening. Great area to relax if you had a long day.

Breakfast buffet was delicious and had a variety of options.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DoubleEm
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you for the commens. We boast the biggest pool in the area with fun LED lighting at night that the kids love! Its a great place to relax after a long day at the parks. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Checked into hotel and was met by two of the most Gracious and helpful young staff members I have experienced, ever. Hotel was clean, people were warmly receptive, and needs were anticipated or quickly met. Rooms were good size and beds great. Excellent location with many good restaurants surroundings the hotel. Would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for the nice note! I have the pleasure of working with a very talented group of individuals at the front desk and throughout our hotel. Every day they demonstrate to me what hospitality is....we get it and we are proud of our service and our hotel.

Look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I travel a lot and stay at this location about 6-8 times a year. For the the experienced business traveler this is the place to stay. All aspects of this hotel are very good in my book! The location is close to my place of work and you have a variety of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. The hotel staff is very professional and seems to understand the expectations of a business traveler. The rooms are clean, up to date, plenty of leg room, good work desk and comfortable beds. I could write more but I hope this gives you the picture!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thank you RB for the nice review! We appreciate the business, and yes, our staff understands the ultimate goal is to take care of our guests! It is what we pride ourselves on every day. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel. I experienced some difficulties, but they were resolved promptly by a very courteous and efficient staff. Excellent location in Arlington near all attractions including Six Flags, the Ballpark, and Cowboys Stadium. Easy on/off highway. Free parking. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

We are conveniently located off of highway 360, just minutes away from all of the attractions here in Arlington Texas. Thanks for the feedback.

Warm regards,