“Great place to stay”

Ranked #50 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
New York
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had a great stay here. Was here for a meeting at UTA a couple days ago. Great place to stay if your going to UTA or visiting someone there. The property is a block away from UTA so that made it even better. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or attending UTA. Also the rates here are a lot cheaper compared to other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you're going there for anytUTA. I am sure they will work you out a d...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad S
Parkwayinn H, Manager at Parkway Inn Arlington, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Parkway Inn for your recent stay in the area. Thank you for also taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is these reviews that help us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are being upheld.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

- The housekeeping staff received additional training in what we require of them in maintaining the rooms at the high cleanliness level which we have set and the rest of the desk staff have received extra training in the matter of courtesy that we expect them to show to our guests.

- We have spoken to our staff about making sure that the area around the front door is clearly designated as a non smoking area.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at Parkway Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Raman Lala

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I was in for the cowboys game few weeks ago. This place is wonderful. Couldn't complain service was excellent and its located about a mile away from the Cowboys Stadium. Very friendly staff. Has a fridge and microwave in the rooms which was a plus. This hotel is also located about 2 miles away from SixFlags and Hurricane Harbor and a mile away from the Rangers stadium. Great places to eat nearby and alot of activiies to do. Came with some family, front desk staff treated us really well. Def coming back again with the family in June. What makes this even a better place are the rates are affordable.... :-))

Room Tip: I stayed in a double bed room. Very Clean
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy N
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 December 2011

we came in for dallas game and we needed something close to the stadium.. for a good price. This place was great. Simple and easy. Very nice front desk and service. loved that it had a fridge as well!

Will be coming back again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kayla l
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Stay away from this place I warn you... The room was in very bad shape, found bugs everywhere, including in the both beds... Luckily no roaches or bed bugs. Sheets were stained, bed was falling apart. Only thing that worked properly was the TV and air conditioner. I have stayed at many hotels and motels in my life and this is the first one I have found bad enough to write about. I would bet money most of the rooms were in the same shape as ours, judging from the rest of this place.
This place may be priced right for the area, but is isnt worth it!!!

Any posts here that give it a 5 star must have been written by the people who own or manage this place.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank neal p
Raman L, Manager at Parkway Inn Arlington, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Hello Sir,
Thank you for choosing Parkway Inn Arlington for your recent stay in our area.
Thank you also for taking the time to fill out the guest review. It is these reviews that helps us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are being upheld. when it rains in our area the crickets come inside. we strive to check all rooms to be sure that they are removed. We have our hotel routinely treated and inspected for all insects.
Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken: The housekeeping staff was advised to make extra checks for any crickets, that the bedding is clean and stain free, and the beds are in good condition to maintain the rooms at the high cleanliness level at which we have set.
Customer service is very important to us. If you ever have any problems please come to the front desk and we will take care of them for you.
I hope the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at the Parkway Inn Arlington. I think you will be pleased.

Please let me know if you have any question
Have a great day
Raman Lala

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I should have known by the price that something was amiss, and that would be the lack of cleanliness. This room was hot, had stains on the box springs and the walls, torn upholstery, scratched furniture and was just generally awful. I felt like I needed a shower as soon as I touched the bedspread. Yuck!

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. I'm still shaking from the experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank thirdsunrise
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I booked this online and when I did, I was telling the lady that I wanted a HOTEL, not MOTEL! Big misunderstanding there!!! We got there and the guy, who made it known to me that he owned the place, was nice at first. I had requested online early check-in. Was never told there would be a $30. early check-in charge. We got there at 10:30 am and he knew we needed a place to go right away so he would only take cash to check us in. I asked him for a receipt and he wouldn't give me one, he said I needed to get one from the online booking reservation/Expedia.com. Once he gave me the keys to the room, that is where the nightmare began! Once we opened the door, it smelled like mold, was very old and out-dated and disgusting!!! The floor looked like it wasn't even vacuumed at all!!!!! GROSS! Then we opened the shades and there were small dead cockroaches stuck to the curtains! We walked around to find out the pool was completely filled with dirt and had grass growing on it! Overall, we could not wait to check out ASAP in the morning and get away from that awful room!!! When I went to check-out, the same man and a woman were obviously fighting and yelling to each other at the top of their lungs! AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!! We paid $87.16 for the room plus an additional $30.00 for early check-in which this was a total rip-off!!!!! Sad thing is that we stayed the night before in Oklahoma City at a Baymont Inn and Suites Hotel and paid $56.00 for the night and it was a whole lot better and we got a Continental Breakfast in the morning which was awesome!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank jpwildhair
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 6 October 2010

The first problem related to the fact that no taxi driver had ever heard of the place. But I had a map, and we did finally find it. Check in was a problem -- the clerk seemingly never checked in anyone before. The room was grungy. Cheap -- but just not worth it. I stayed three days and the room was never made up. It looked like someone had come in because they moved around some things -- but the bed was never made and the trash not emptied. Check out was more of the same. The clerk refused to call a taxi for me. I couldn't get a receipt. The location is about 0.8 mi from UTA, but this is not really convenient -- not near anything.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business