Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distancecourtyard marriottgreat locationsliding glassball parknice courtyardthe indoor outdoor poolsix flagsolder hotelstarbucks coffeecan't beat the locationroom was cleanrangers gamelobby areagame daysplace to staytwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

First of all this place is in a great location. Pappadeauxs, Joes crabshack, Bikinis, and Texas land and catlle co. all within 1 min walk. Cowboys Stadium and Rangers ballpark within 10 min walk. The place was very clean new and fresh smelling(hallways ,lobby ), but when we opened the door to our room it smelled musky and dank. Overall not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
jeff d, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the unpleasant smell from the room. Several of our rooms were vacant for extended periods of time with our renovation and sometimes that does lead to the smell you observed.

Thank you again for your review and your kind comments in regards to our hotel.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Jeff Durham

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is perfect location if ur catching a game or six flags and surrounded by restaurants hotel was nice and clean but they were remodeling the room above ours and the hammering would start at 8 am so sleeping in was impossible and so was relaxing which was the whole point of this vacation

• Stayed: April 2013

I apologize for the noise you observed while a guest of the hotel. As you had mentioned, we were going through a renovation during your stay. Marriott strives to be an industry leader in the product we make available to our guests. In order to update our prducts we do have to go through renovations every few years. We do our best to make this renovation experience as non-invasive as possible. We update our website and other e-channels with renovation information to include start and stop times for noise. We also emaile all guests prior to check-in with the information about the renovation and work hours for the renovation. If we somehow missed communicating this information to you, I am truly sorry.

I hope you will consider our hotel gain in the future should your travels bring you back to the Arlington, Texas area. We are very proud of our new product we have to offer our guests.

Jeff Durham

Reviewed 16 April 2013

This stay was the worst that I’ve ever experienced. I first attempted to get a room change or upgrade if possible; wanted to get a King Suite or two queens. I called the hotel directly and the representative told me that they didn’t have anything available. I was aware that they were in the process of remodeling some of the rooms. I didn’t have a problem with this but the rep made it seem as if I was a bother instead of being courteous and maybe offer a different solution. Basically it wasn’t her problem. Later in the evening I called back to see if there had been any new developments (cancellations etc.) and I was received by another rude representative, who then transferred me to reservations. The reservation rep was very professional and was also able to change me over to a double (full size).
After arrival, one of my daughters went to the front desk to ask for extra towels, and was rudely greeted by the attendant; only minutes later, two of my daughters were in the front lobby when we called the front desk to ask for two pillows ,and after getting off the phone, they over heard the front desk attendant and another worker speaking abut room 116 using profanity. Obviously they didn't realize they were speaking in front of my daughters. It was over thirty seven minutes before we got our two pillows and three sets of towels. The following night stay was basically the same with the exception of our towels getting to us in twenty two minutes. When the attendant came to the door to deliver the towels neither did he speak nor did he say your welcome after I thanked him.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I chose to stay here for a business trip because of it's convenient location to restaurants, ball park, etc. Unfortunately this particular Courtyard by Marriott does not live up to the brand. I got in late (11pm) and my check-in person was mediocre at best. No enthusiasm, no "glad you are here", no "Welcome, Mr. Wilson". Room 135 has an air conditioner that kept me up most of the night it was so loud. Then at 4:30am, the garbage truck picking up the trash from the restaurants woke me from what little sleep I had already managed to get. Finally, in this day and age, the bed comfort was also mediocre. I will be staying at the Sheraton just a few blocks over next time. It is a beautiful hotel and superb staff.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 135 until they fix the airconditioner. I would ask for something on the other side given the early morning garbage pick up.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here for opening weekend for the Rangers. The location is within a 10 min walk of the ballpark or there is a shuttle for 5 dollars. Our room had a sliding glass door that opened to the courtyard where the pool is. Because the weather was so cool they had the pool heated! Nice touch! The beds were comfortable and the room and grounds very clean. The on site cafe served a great breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013