“Totally ruined our whole weekend..............”

Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Ranked #18 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Quanah, Texas
“Totally ruined our whole weekend..............”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

At first we were pleased with this hotel. We checked in- went to our room- changed clothes and left to go to the Rangers baseball game. During the third inning of the ball game we got a call saying that the hotel management was in our room- loading up our belongings and giving our room to someone else. We had to leave the ball game and go back to the hotel because I had left my purse in the room. We were appalled that they would go into our room that we thought was a safe place and gather our belongings and give our room to someone else. They did get us another hotel room at another hotel (where there was no hot water in the shower and we had to wait and hour and a half to get into the room)at their expense BUT we missed the Ranger game- we didn't get to stay at the hotel with the rest of our family- and were totally stressed out from all the drama. We talked to everyone that was working and never got a satisfactory answer as to why our room was the one chosen to give away out of the all the rooms at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Grammy13_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at location for one night for rangers game. Could walk to game. We arrived before check in and they were able to accomadate early check in.There was a lot of restaurants and stores nearby.Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank vacationeverysummer
jeff d, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here before a dance competition at UTA. It is really close to the ballpark, and Cowboys Stadium. There are also many restaurants walking distance to the hotel. The hotel was going through renovations when we went, and we received an email before stating that information so we were aware. The service was very good, we received one of the renovated rooms, which was nice. The lady behind the desk noticed I was traveling with an infant and asked if I needed a pack and play. By the time we parked and got to the room, the pack and play was already in the room. Great customer service. The only complaint of the room was the air conditioning was lacking. It was pretty hot in the room, so be aware if you go in the summer it may be hot. The pool is very nice, it is indoor/outdoor, they also have a nice courtyard for lounging. If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Arlington, especially if going to a Ranger game or an event at Cowboys stadium, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.

We are finished with the renovation and were able to have all of our in-room air conditioners scheduled for cleaning. With the renovation going on from March - July, we were unable to have the units scheduled for the yearly cleaning as normal. Several of the units did have trouble keeping up with the summer heat. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for yor review and the kind comments. I will pass them along to the staff. We are always excited to share reviews with our staff.

Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 May 2013

First of all this place is in a great location. Pappadeauxs, Joes crabshack, Bikinis, and Texas land and catlle co. all within 1 min walk. Cowboys Stadium and Rangers ballpark within 10 min walk. The place was very clean new and fresh smelling(hallways ,lobby ), but when we opened the door to our room it smelled musky and dank. Overall not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the unpleasant smell from the room. Several of our rooms were vacant for extended periods of time with our renovation and sometimes that does lead to the smell you observed.

Thank you again for your review and your kind comments in regards to our hotel.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is perfect location if ur catching a game or six flags and surrounded by restaurants hotel was nice and clean but they were remodeling the room above ours and the hammering would start at 8 am so sleeping in was impossible and so was relaxing which was the whole point of this vacation

• Stayed April 2013
I apologize for the noise you observed while a guest of the hotel. As you had mentioned, we were going through a renovation during your stay. Marriott strives to be an industry leader in the product we make available to our guests. In order to update our prducts we do have to go through renovations every few years. We do our best to make this renovation experience as non-invasive as possible. We update our website and other e-channels with renovation information to include start and stop times for noise. We also emaile all guests prior to check-in with the information about the renovation and work hours for the renovation. If we somehow missed communicating this information to you, I am truly sorry.

I hope you will consider our hotel gain in the future should your travels bring you back to the Arlington, Texas area. We are very proud of our new product we have to offer our guests.

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

This stay was the worst that I’ve ever experienced. I first attempted to get a room change or upgrade if possible; wanted to get a King Suite or two queens. I called the hotel directly and the representative told me that they didn’t have anything available. I was aware that they were in the process of remodeling some of the rooms. I didn’t have a problem with this but the rep made it seem as if I was a bother instead of being courteous and maybe offer a different solution. Basically it wasn’t her problem. Later in the evening I called back to see if there had been any new developments (cancellations etc.) and I was received by another rude representative, who then transferred me to reservations. The reservation rep was very professional and was also able to change me over to a double (full size).
After arrival, one of my daughters went to the front desk to ask for extra towels, and was rudely greeted by the attendant; only minutes later, two of my daughters were in the front lobby when we called the front desk to ask for two pillows ,and after getting off the phone, they over heard the front desk attendant and another worker speaking abut room 116 using profanity. Obviously they didn't realize they were speaking in front of my daughters. It was over thirty seven minutes before we got our two pillows and three sets of towels. The following night stay was basically the same with the exception of our towels getting to us in twenty two minutes. When the attendant came to the door to deliver the towels neither did he speak nor did he say your welcome after I thanked him.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean R
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I chose to stay here for a business trip because of it's convenient location to restaurants, ball park, etc. Unfortunately this particular Courtyard by Marriott does not live up to the brand. I got in late (11pm) and my check-in person was mediocre at best. No enthusiasm, no "glad you are here", no "Welcome, Mr. Wilson". Room 135 has an air conditioner that kept me up most of the night it was so loud. Then at 4:30am, the garbage truck picking up the trash from the restaurants woke me from what little sleep I had already managed to get. Finally, in this day and age, the bed comfort was also mediocre. I will be staying at the Sheraton just a few blocks over next time. It is a beautiful hotel and superb staff.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 135 until they fix the airconditioner. I would ask for something on the other...