Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I were very disappointed with this hotel. The interior was just ok. Hotel room was just ok, not nearly as nice and clean as most Courtyard Marriotts. Bathroom was tiny and not well cleaned. Hotel bar/diner was outrageously priced. Very sad that 3 beers and one pizza cost over $35. Again, outrageous. My family and I stayed at a similar courtyard Marriott in San Antonio and the prices for food and drinks were very different. We will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Aprime2001
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello,
I want to thank you for staying with us during your visit to this area. I regret that our accommodations were not what you expected. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. I will personally review with my team your comments in regards to the cleanliness. We take great pride in this area, so we appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. On the food prices, please allow me to mention that they vary from Market to Market and we are aligned with our particular Area. I will however review to confirm this is still the case. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Sincerely

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a great place to stay. The people are great and we were right beside rangers and cowboys staduim. Could not ask for anything more on 4th of July. My family and I were very please with the accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello,
Please allow me to express my gratitud, for the review you completed of our hotel. It is highly appreciate it.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lorenzo and Morgan are both great greeters at the desk and do a great job.
The rooms are clean and bright. Well maintained and pool is clean and well maintained. Location is perfect for ball game, football game or Six Flags. Staff is friendly and professional and this is a good bargain. I recommend this location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello Paul,
I truly appreciate your preference and comments. Please know that Lorenzo and Morgan will be recognized. They are so excited that their names were remembered and mentioned by you. You have motivated all of us to continue doing what we like the most, which is to be of service to our guests. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a typical Courtyard by Marriott on the inside, perfectly fine but nothing spectacular. However, the location is amazing. You are within a half mile of AT&T stadium and Ranger's Ballpark. Six flags is very close as well. There are several good restaurants also in walking distance. I found the staff to be very helpful and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello Tina,
It is very nice of you to provide us with your feedback. We are honored that you stayed with us.Our hotel is very popular and our location is a Homerun as we have heard from our guests! If you did not have a chance to visit the water parks near our hotel too, I am sure you will enjoy that in your next visit.

Thank you again.

Rosa Azuara

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I usually stay in the Addison area but thought I would try this Courtyard since the rate was really good. I'm glad I did, the location is right off I-130 and easy access to Dallas or Ft Worth for business appointments. It was a fairly easy route to Love Field too, 20-25 minutes.
Plenty of choices for food and drink in the area. Obviously a good location for football, baseball or Six Flags.
Front desk was awesome and upgraded me since I am a Marriott Platinum.
It is the old style Courtyard so it can be a walk if you don't know your way around but it's not a big issue. Room was clean and comfortable. I slept well, it was pretty quiet after 10pm.
Fridge in room so you can purchase beverages and snack items and save some $$.
Pool is an indoor/outdoor and stayed fairly busy, vacation time at Six Flags!
Hot tub worked great. The bistro is always nice to have in case you need a drink or bite to eat.
Ms. Cassandra running the Bistro was a joy to talk with as was the gentleman that was there the second evening. I will likely stay at this location on my Dallas trips from now on so long as the rate is reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello,
I am very grateful that you decided to give us a try. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As a Platinum member you are highly appreciated. You travel a lot and I am amazed that you kindly wrote a review for our hotel. I will make sure to share with Cassandra and my evening associate your nice comments. Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for two nights with my family 2 adults 3 children in a suit, arrived early and room was not ready, totally acceptable but at check in,3:00 they told us our room was still not ready I was a little upset, we could finally check in at 3:20, nobody ever apologized for the delay, we loved the pool and the location, but did have a bug problem in the room, small black ants invested all our stuff, my husband made the staff aware and there staff response was there spray was to strong to spray while we there.... No one ever tried to make it right! Great location nice pool, our kids loved it but lacking customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Ms. Lenitamichelle,
Thank you for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott during your recent trip. I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. I will make sure to bring this situation to our daily meeting to find solutions for heavy check in days and avoid delays. I am having my pest Company return to treat the room, in addition to the monthly preventive treatments we have to ensure we are clear.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. I am glad that the children enjoyed the pool. We have a lot of families returning during summer to our hotel as not all the pools are inside/outside heated pools like ours. We received a lot of positive feedback about how it changes colors as well. Kids just find it fun!

Best Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After reading multiple reviews, we had a few concerns regarding a business stay at this hotel. We are so glad we chose to try it anyway. The property location and landscaping is very nice and appealing. Upon entering the lobby, the decor and seating areas are very friendly and inviting. The outdoor courtyard has nice, oversized, comfy outdoor furniture that just feels cozy. So many places to gather with a small group, loved it!

Our room (#283): Beautiful! king size bed with all white linens,large window that looks out upon AT&T Stadium which is just a few blocks away. There is a 42 inch LED flat screen TV that swivels in the room, small refrigerator, a love seat, coffee table and an extra pull out desk underneath the built in desk which would provide a fantastic additional work space if needed for a meeting inside of your room or just spreading out your work. Very attractive furniture throughout the room, very spacious closet which has your iron, blow dryer, suitcase rack and extra linens. The restroom is quite large with a combination bathtub/shower with the curved shower curtain rack for extra space. Wwas very pleased to find coffee pot and an ample supply of coffee supplies on the counter in the bedroom and not in the bathroom as many other places do. (So gross)
They provided three complete sets of towels in vanity/bathroom areas and extra towels in the closet. So nice to see that had our stay been longer, we would not have had to go begging for more towels. Dresser drawer had an extra pillow, pillowcase and sheet.

Our room package included the breakfast or dinner at the Bistro. It serves Starbucks products and offers great seating areas, booths with approx 19-22" TV's in each one to catch up on the days events or cartoons for the kiddos. It also has lots of table seating and countertop bar height seating. The Bistro offers breakfast dinner and beer and cocktails for evening use . Pleasant wait staff and food was pretty good although it was a bit pricey but a varied menu. However it did offer some good choices that came with our room rate. I have included photos of the card they give you with your meal options. Very comfortable seating areas that you could use any time of day whether the Bistro is open or closed, easy enough to have a small meeting and still maintain your privacy.

Overall we found this property very clean, very well maintained and very close to local attractions restaurants & shopping. Within walking distance of Joe's Crab Shack in El Felix Mexican restaurant and within a mile drive of tons of other restaurants from fast food to dine in, restaurant style. We will definitely use this hotel again,

We only found two negatives; there was not an ice machine on our side of the building and our pillows were too soft, would have preferred a firmer pillow option. We did have extra pillows in the room so we didn't ask for firmer pillows so not sure if they would have been available had we asked.

Room Tip: Room #283 was great for a couple. Low noise level away from stair/elevator traffic. Nice window vie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 1TexasTee1
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello,
I want to begin by letting you know how much I appreciate your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the services and amenities we provide. It is a happy feeling when our guests let us know that we have met their expectations and our own goals. I do want to apologize for the pillows and the ice machine near the elevators in each floor. I have shared your feedback with our managers so that we may replace the pillows in that room, and have better options to get ice. Thank you for giving us a try and it is refreshing to hear that you will return to see us.