“They get to you”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arlington
Days Inn Six Flags Ballpark Cowboys Stadium
Ranked #56 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had reservations at this Days Inn (across the street from Cowboy stadium) on Thanksgiving night. We booked our room 3 months in advance to be close to the stadium so we could walk and not fight the traffic. I called one week in advance and asked about check in and I was told that if I arrived at 10AM we would be checked in at that time. We arrived and had to wait until 1PM to check in. The room was okay nothing special, restroom really small. When we arrived they told us that even though we were staying at the hotel we would have to pay $65.00 to park. My husband and I travel all the time and have NEVER had to pay to park at any hotel that we have stayed at in the past. Of course it was too late to move to another hotel. When I got home I did do some checking and there are several other hotels in the area and they have shuttles to the ballpark for NO CHARGE. Next year I will not stay at Days Inn, I will stay at one of the hotels ( that are much nicer) that don't try to rip you off for parking.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pumpkin1062

Reviewed 26 July 2010

The water was cold, the rooms smelled, the bed had a metal rod sticking out and injured two of my family members. The front desk clerks were not helpful! The breakfast was terrible even for a free one. I felt like I was in the ghetto, music blaring from the parking lot till 3 am people fighting above us and broke a window. For it to be that close to the ballpark and the stadium you think it would be more classy. Bad tv reception, I could go on and on but I've wasted enough of my time on this hotel. Definatly would never stay or recommend again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank texas_diamond26
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Pay the extra money to stay somewhere else. The proximity to the ballpark is great, but that's about it.

The woman at the front desk was sweet and helpful, but her male counterpart acted like he was being put out by having to check in guests. The hotel is old and not well maintained. This is evident even before you put your life into the hands of the elevator that looks like it's being held together by duct tape.

As for the rooms, the beds are circa 1968 along with the bedspread and sheets. When I woke up, my belly had circle indents from the wires in the mattress. If this bed was queen sized, this queen must have been very tiny. Either that, or management put the mattress in the dryer and it shrank. The sink in the bathroom looked fine but the toilet should have had a sign above it that said, "For Emergency Use Only". There were cigarette burns on the seat and other questionable stains. As for the free WiFi, well, it should have been free. The signal strength was poor and couldn't do one quarter of what I set out to do on the net (like look for other hotel reservations).

I think my worst enemy could stay here but I certainly wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I knew or even strangers passing by on the street. Days Inn should be embarrassed to have their name on this hotel. I don't know why, but I expected better from them. Guess I won't make that mistake in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2005

We stayed at this Day's Inn for 2 nights at the end of April - We selected this hotel because we were going to 2 Red Sox/Rangers games and the location is good for this - you can walk to the ballpark. Other than it's location - I can say very little nice about this place other than the front desk staff seemed pleasant. This hotel is old and dirty and smells bad - It is a bit scary as mentioned in other reviews. I would never stay here again - there other many other options close to the ballpark and not much more money. Day's Inn should seriously consider removing this hotel from its chain - I know Day's Inn is not always the greatest - but, any trust I ever had in this chain is now gone.

• Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed 19 January 2005

Absolute worst hotel ever. There were drug raids going on in the government housing projects behind the building, drunk people next store to the building and smelly dirty rooms inside the building.

I literally went to K-Mart to buy an egg-crate because the beds were so hard.

WARNING!! DO NOT STAY HERE....HORRIBLE HOTEL!!

A TripAdvisor Member
The Colony, TX
Reviewed 28 May 2004

This is the worst "hotel" I have every stayed in. The halls smelled like dirty feet and the room reeked of disinfectant. After returning from a ball game, we needed a shower. Unfortunately the ceiling had caved into our tub and it was unusable. When we called the front desk, we were told too bad, there were no more rooms available. We packed our bags and left at 2:30am. We never received a refund, after 17 calls to the manager and Days Inn. Do not stay here. Sleeping in a homeless shelter is cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, tx
Reviewed 2 March 2004

The staff was nice, the rest was scary. Seriously. Had to get by shady transactions going on in the hallway, and was worried about my car in the parking lot all night. Smelled bad.

Other than that it was pretty bad.