“A little on the trashy side.”

Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
Ranked #29 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Colton at the Front Desk was the best thing about this "motel". The kid was totally overwhelmed at check in as he was the only person on duty. It went downhill from there. The room we were assigned, Room 167, not only had a party going on next door, but it also had a defective door lock. After having to trek back and forth to the front desk with two separate keys (to no avail), we were moved to room 230. There were definite signs of wear and tear throughout the property. I counted at least 20 car haulers parked about the building, putting parking at a premium. So, as soon as we finally get into Room 230 we are met by pounding and drilling next door where construction was obviously taking place. (This thankfully stopped a short time after we loaded in.) The room itself was a mish-mash of a variety of furniture styles (no "wow" factor) and there was a hundred feet of coaxial cable rolled up behind the door (?). AC worked okay, but never got really cold. Wifi was virtually non-existent. Bed was firmer than most (not a plus), linens were okay. When we finally laid down for a quick nap, somebody from housekeeping (?) knocked then entered the room before realizing it was occupied. There are signs that they are trying to bring this place up to modern standards, but it's still a little on the trashy side. I guess that's what a $80 will get you in DFW as we've had little luck finding anything respectable under $100 in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Mark G, General Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear VinGins,

I just wanted to thank you for the feedback. We are best able to continually improve through direct communication with guests like you. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for the nice comment about our team member, Colton. We are currently training new guest service team members to help out during our busy summer check-in times. We have also just begun room renovations to update our property and correct some of the issues you encountered.

I hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to the Arlington area. I know you will have a much better experience, as we are working tirelessly to update the hotel and provide you with the best guest service staff in town!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I waited until the last minute to book and that won't happen again as this is what you get.
This is really a truckers motel (there is nothing wrong with that) as there were at least 4 auto transports parked there.
Had two rooms, we were going to an event very close.
Even my 10 year old granddaughter knew this was not good.
Not very clean.
A/C did not really cool the place until well after we went to bed.
The room my daughter was in had no soap.
She went to the desk and the girl simply said they were out but had some on order. The young man was much more helpful and at least gave her a few bottles of shampoo.
The exterior was a mess. Many dead roaches.
Lots of cigarette butts.
The faucet handle came off as there was no screw in the top.
There was daylight coming under the door. (Probably let insects in also.)
I cant really say enough bad things about this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear pappatoad,

I want to first thank you for the feedback. This is the most efficient way for us to identify challenge areas and correct them. The issues that you encountered during your stay are definitely not our standard, and are all preventable. I can assure you that if you give us another try, you will have a much different experience. Thanks again for taking the time to provide the information, and we hope that you will consider us on your next visit to the Arlington area.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I don't normally bother giving reviews of places that are only okay, but I had so much trouble finding somewhere in the Dallas Fort Worth that wasn't gettting horrible reviews or charging horrendous prices that it seemed worth saying that this place is actually pretty good for a budget traveller. The location isn't outstanding (except for its proximity for an excellent Mexican restaurant, Mercado Juarez), but it's safe. The staff are fairly helpful, the rooms aren't luxurious but they are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is adequate. It's not exactly a bargain, but neither is it a rip-off. That may not seem like much, but sometimes it's enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights, and from the moment we checked in until the day we checked out, ALL the staff were amazing and very helpful!! The breakfast was delicious, the pool was beautiful and the rooms were very clean!! We will be making this trip every few years and no doubt about it we will stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Recently, I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while attending the Hot Rod Power Tour. My wife convinced me to take my personal pillow, which I promptly left on the bed when I checked out! Thanks to the extra diligent efforts of Kevin from the hotel, who called me, boxed up the pillow and Fed-Ex'd it to my home on his own time (!!!) the pillow arrived at my home before I completed my trip. Thus, saving me an embarrassing situation and keeping our bedding set intact! My hat is off to Kevin and the Quality Inn. You will continue to thrive with employees like Kevin and you have my repeat business, wherever I travel!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter and closer to walk to restaurants behind (north) the property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My second stay here, even more pleasant than the first. Room was clean, comfortable, and damage-free. Receptionists and maids were extremely helpful and friendly. They couldn't do enough to help. Their attitudes were entirely refreshing. My only regret is that I didn't have time to stay longer. There's a very comfortable area in the lobby for doing your computer work and having a cup of nice coffee.

Room Tip: All smoking rooms are upstairs. All rooms are side rooms and very quiet. There's an area in th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2013

First off we had to wait 2 1/2 hours past check in time for our room to be ready. We we first arrived they told us an hour, we came back after 1 1/2 hours and it still wasn't ready. So we waited in the lobby. We were given a $10.00 discount. When we got to the room instead of it smelling clean it smelled musty and moldy. The wi-fi didn't work in the lobby or in the room. We were given a password for it, but it would NEVER even give us the option of wi fi. The bed was very hard so needless to say we didn't get much sleep. The breakfast the next morning wasn't all that good. The sausage was awful and the gravy was very thin...so we just had fruit and danish.

We will not be staying there again or recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple