“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Athens
Lumberton, TX
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great motel, clean, soft comfy bed, larger than average rooms. Very nice. Now the reasons I only gave it 4 stars. The internet service is not the fastest..I stayed on my 4G because it was 3 times faster than their service. The breakfast were kinda tasteless. Especially the eggs. Tasted like they were powdered eggs. Decent breakfast due to the nice assortment of things to pick from. Staff very friendly. Not the fault of the motel, but Athens severely lacks on the restaurant department. Poor variety and mediocre food. Next time I will stay in Tyler. But this is a very good motel. Room was 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
muskogee, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel and the rooms were very clean. Hotel staff went above and beyond in service. We recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. We came down for the First Monday in Canton, Tx . The hotels were booked there so I found this hotel, I so glad I did. Best Place to say very quiet and a short drive to Canton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for positive feedback regarding our staff. Customer Service is our number one priority and I can see all of our hard work is paying off.

Canton Weekend dates typically sell out well in advance so book your Reservations with us as soon as possible to ensure you have a room.

We would be honored to have you as our guest again.
Winnfield
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help anyone that needed it. Marianna helped me out of a bind so we were able to take our trip as planned. Breakfast was good with a good variety. Just a very enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Emily P
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to know that Mariana went above and beyond your expectations.

Your comments will be shared with Mariana and her Co-Workers as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope to have you as our guest again the next time you visit Athens, Texas.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Score another good stay for a Best Western. Location was a good 'staging area' for Canton weekend. Clean & comfortable roms, & breakfast was as promised.

If I had to put anything negative about the location, it would be the driveway ingress/egress. Very rough with a hard V-shape to get on & off the road. With my small car, we had to time traffic just right & use a slow take-off & sharp angle to avoid scraping the bottom of the car. You could see lots of deep scrapes where others hadn't noticed or taken care with that driveway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience here at Best Western Plus. We value our Guests feedback.

I will be sure to share your comments regarding the approach of the driveway. I regret that it was not up to standard. We will see what we can do in the near future.

I hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought the place was a little over priced for the location but the place was very clean, the staff was all friendly and helpful. A 9:30 cut-off time I think is silly for a weekend. Room was large, bed comfy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean and comfy bed. Breakfast was adequate. Room was a little larger than a regular hotel room. Everything was great except for the broadband. It was a little slow. Hard to find a good restaurant in Athens. Had to drive to Tyler. Not Best Westerns fault...good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank michelej205
Lisa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that the Broadband did not exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our IT Team as we work to improve the Broadband,

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Athens, Texas.

See you Soon.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Liked this hotel! It's newer, the beds are comfortable, breakfast was decent, and the price was fair. Would definitely stay there again! The service was a little slow at the front desk when we arrived, but once we got helped she was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I apologize that you experienced a delay during check-in. We understand that our Guests time is very valuable. We continue to look at new ways to speed the check-in/check-out process up. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am pleased that once you were checked-in you did receive great Customer Service.

We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Holiday Inn Express - Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Canton Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Van
Super 8 Athens TX
Super 8 Athens TX
#3 of 7 in Athens

Been to Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!