“Waffle House Wannabe”

Ranked #35 of 64 Restaurants in Athens
Dallas, Texas
“Waffle House Wannabe”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had just driven in from Dallas and it was late and I was hungry. About the only thing open at this hour in Athens IS The Pitt Grill. No frills diner experience. I had 2 eggs, a waffle and some hash browns. I was the only person in the place at that hour along with the two worker/servers. Those ladies really liked to talk. My order was delivered promptly and correctly. I wish they would heat the syrup. I don't like putting room temp or refrigerated syrup on a nice warm waffle.

I was in and out of there in about a half hour with a full tummy. The picture showing for this Pitt Grill is not correct. This one sits on a paved parking lot and has no drapes or really anything to give it a "homey" feeling as the picture referenced suggests.

• Visited April 2014